Another trip with no pictures, thanks Sea Life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

capttrash

Registered
Reaction score
got to Roatan last Saturday, took one picture and Dc600 quit focusing, seems gears in lens no longer work. Two years ago lcd on dc500 went bad on first dive, camera was replaced and sold to get dc600.Less than 100 pictures have been taken, so mad I could scream. trip of a lifetime ,no pictures.

Very sorry to hear that the camera did not work on the last trip. If you would send the camera back to us we can take a look at it and see what can be done. If you call our service Department they will be happy to help you and provide a RA# to track the progress of the return.

Again sorry to hear that the camera did not work but unusual for it to stop working after only 100 pics.

I've got thousands on my DC500 with zero trouble. I love it

I got an old DC500 that's been dropped on the floor, partially flooded, taken apart with
a steak knife while sipping wine... wink... wink... and still works great... just bought another
off ebay to add to my collection.

Eh
smilies-5059.png

I am sorry about your loss, but this is the electronic world and they're all made by cheapest bids for price driven markets. There is the NASA approach: "It got to work no matter how expensive!" That's not popular with many tho. I am very sorry you didn't get to shoot pics on your trip; it's happened to me because of operator error; but the good news is that Sealife is wonderful about helping customers with problems.

Nowadays I don't leave the house without a few cameras or board a boat without two dive cameras - all ready to shoot. Redundancy or Risk?

I found a Hiltons Nudibranch the other day. My DC500's battery was dead. Typical.

I found a Hiltons Nudibranch the other day. My DC500's battery was dead. Typical.
Yeah the batteries do suck. I have several and alternate chargers so I can change batteries every other dive.

This one only lasted 50 pics.

This one only lasted 50 pics.
650 or 750 mAh? The 750s seem a lot better and Sealife was good about replacing mine at no charge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom