Another Thanks to Atomic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Triker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I purchased a Cobalt 2 at the beginning of June of this year and marveled at the intuitiveness of the UI as well as the layout and features of the computer itself over my Oceanic Veo 2.0. Unfortunately after about ten dives, it developed symptoms which indicated a failing pressure sensor. I contacted Atomic, spoke to a representative who transferred me to a technician who diagnosed the issue and asked that I return the computer to the factory for repair and/or replacement. An extremely painless transaction.

A short time later a new computer was on its way to me. I received it this past week. There has been a bit of a stir about the Cobalt 2 and some of the issues identified with it, but I think it is important to remember that not all consumer electronics will be produced with perfection. Sometimes it isn't even the fault of the manufacturer, but their suppliers. What is important is having a company that is willing to stand behind the product and make it right, just as Atomic did with my Cobalt.

I think when searching for a new computer, you must find what fits your needs as closely as possible. I hope those that have identified the Cobalt as a candidate do not let the issues of late sway them from Atomic's flagship dive computer. I think they have found the source of the issues and have mitigated them accordingly. Not only is it a top-notch product, but having customer support such as I experienced as well as representation from product development on this board who is willing to listen to customer feedback and incorporate it into the development lifecycle should help sway the decision of consumers looking at the Cobalt 2.

Thanks to Atomic for earning my trust and respect as a consumer. It is arguably more difficult now than ever to find a company who is willing to offer the level of support that I experienced with Atomic. I am more than happy to purchase products from them again and will certainly recommend their products to my friends.

Thanks Tricker for the kind words....We appreciate the support!

Ryan Kenney
Atomic Aquatics

I just took a leap of faith (after reading about the pressure sensor problem) on ditching my Aeris A300 AI dive computer and purchased a new Atomic Cobalt 2 dive computer last week after wanting one for some time now. It's reassuring to read posts like this on about how their customer support is second to none.

In fact, I'm glad know that since most of my gear (mask, snorkel, fins, reg+first stage, safe second, and knife) is from Atomic that I will be covered in case of an issue (although, I'm still waiting for Atomic to produce the Frameless 2 mask in size medium <hint, hint!> :) )

Thanks for posting and I can't wait to use my new Atomic Cobalt 2 computer (it's arriving tomorrow.)

Back
Top Bottom