Another North Florida Cave Dive video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is true,there are dead ones. But,after a few weeks after a flood event you will see the reappearance of crayfish,and many of the fully matured adult crayfish,and knowing they have fair long life cycle to generate this size,the question that begs to be asked is where do they go? Interesting,our data shows that following a flood at Peacock,it takes approx 6 months for population trends to return to preflood status.
Weird too, how they're so plentiful there, yet downstream in the aquifer at Jug Hole, they aren't :confused:

Weird too, how they're so plentiful there, yet downstream in the aquifer at Jug Hole, they aren't :confused:

I think it may be a function of predators too. Jug Hole has always had a healthy population of catfish,and there is an inverse relationship between troglobitic species and catfish.

Beautiful cave, I assume this is the upstream section?

Most of the video is upstream. There's a short portion at the beginning that's downstream. Upstream video came out better because it's smaller. I use a p&s in video mode with a 21 watt in wide angle. I bought a video camera and u/w housing last year but I hate lugging it through the water.

karstdvr:
PS Rob on a sidenote,I was going insane trying to seperate isopods,amphipods,and very newly hatched crayfish-all about the same size

All I will say is I was happy to be the one with the camera and not the clipboard!

CaptRam:
nice-but i missed seeing any lines?

Lines?? Who needs lines??

J/k...i usually focus on the cave walls and ceiling. The line is closer to the floor in this cave.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom