Another Monterey Meet & Greet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NateSmith

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've seen the sticky there and haven't looked at it completely through, but was 2008 the last one? It'd be cool to be able to meet most of you guys face to face and as I frequently say.... dive with you guys. Would you be up for it? I'll take care of the planning aspect of the thing if enough people are down for it.

Nate, are you young, drive a truck and went diving with James when he was looking for someone to be on his boat?
I may have met you already, if you're the Nate I'm thinking of.

I've seen the sticky there and haven't looked at it completely through, but was 2008 the last one? It'd be cool to be able to meet most of you guys face to face and as I frequently say.... dive with you guys. Would you be up for it? I'll take care of the planning aspect of the thing if enough people are down for it.

We had several during 2009.

The last Scubaboard Meet and Greet was very successful. It seemed that about 20 people showed up.

I think it's a great idea.

So start a thread with a time and place on a weekend. How about somewhere other than Lovers. I know Dan had mentioned some other spots, the important thing is parking. Monastery if the water is flat with a backup plan?

2009-12-05 Scubaboard M&G Lovers Cove

68866d1260153719-who-comming-mocal-meet-greet-weekend-dec-5th-scubaboard-members.jpg

If we had enough interest and advance notice, we could probably get a M&G at Point Lobos. We'd just have to reserve the spots and pay for them.

If we had enough interest and advance notice, we could probably get a M&G at Point Lobos. We'd just have to reserve the spots and pay for them.

We've done that before and those of us that had a spot had a great time, but there were lots of people that ended up excluded because of limited spots. We had another one where we chartered a boat and the same thing happened. I think the basis for an M&G kinda gets lost when we exclude some. Just my 2 cents.

Hey theres a few of us with boats, we can charter people??

Personally I think the BW is the best M&G spot.

Agreed.

Usually it's pretty protected, the walk down to the beach doesn't include flights of stairs, there is plenty of diving for beginners, plenty of parking, showers, a place to catch lunch & a nice lawn to hang out on & everyone knows where it is :)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom