Another dry glove question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

engdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Should you use a equalizer tube on quick clamp dry gloves? I have been diving without and the gloves seem to compress on my hands making them cold. I worry about a glove leak leading to a suit leak.

engdiver:
Should you use a equalizer tube on quick clamp dry gloves? I have been diving without and the gloves seem to compress on my hands making them cold. I worry about a glove leak leading to a suit leak.

You can just leave a little of your drysuit underwear cuff inside the seal. Some people push the glove liner through the wrist seal, however I can't do this anymore, since I trimmed the liners (they were getting jammed up when putting the gloves on.

I've also tried not using anything for equalization, and although I like the "shrink wrapped" gloves (makes my fingers work better), the gloves tend to leak when I do this.

FWIW, this is with the Si-Tech rings.

Terry

Terry

I use nothing. I've been to about 98 feet with them, and got a little mickey handed on the way up. But most of my dives are in the 80 and less range - I use nothing and Its fine.

I too like shrink-wrap hands - especially cuz I'm working a camera.

No worries. But next time I'm in the 90 - 120 range, I'll put a little piece of cave line in there.

---
Ken

I bought a pair of insulated shooting gloves from Bass Pro Shops and they keep my hands toasty without needing air in my gloves. The camo looks a little silly but they have short cuffs and don't get caught up in my seals. I have a pair of silk glove liners I wear under them just because I can :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom