Another Dine-N-Dive???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that's a great idea Mike! We could have our own Lake Lanier Looney Birds Thanksgiving!!

Aren't you supposed to fry it with Peanut oil? (I've never done it)...what kind of oil to get?

Oh and I was toasty warm at Jocassee a couple of weeks ago too with my drysuit. I get cold easy and was warm in 49F water!!!

Jeremy

I may make it out on the 18th. Yes, peanut oil does the best job. You need 1.5 to 3 gallons of it depending on the size of the turkey/frier. Inject the bird with some spices and cook it at 375 degrees. It is the best way to cook a turkey, very tasty and just as fast as a microwave.

All this talk of drysuits makes me ill:439: . What happened to braging about freezing are balls off in the lovely cold water? I think it should be a LLLB rule that to become an official member on the new years dive you must do it wet.:D Or you can wear your sissy dry suit and laugh at all of us wet divers when we get out of the water as we freeze our butts off.:mooner: I'll be out on the 18th......... Love you guys..........:D

I guess that you loose some of the "looney" when you dive it dry. But I was there for the 1st ever New Year's day dive...err...Lake Lanier Looney Bird's New Year's day dive. I dove it in a 3mil!!! I'm an "Official" Looney Bird right up there with you Kyle,

...I've paid my dues!!!...(and have the frostbite scar to prove it!)

Jeremy

Hell yea. I know you earned yours. I like to give you guys a hard time though. Its all in fun.

. . . and I have my AARP card so I get "Grumpy Old Fart" rights to wear whatever I wanna!!! So there !!!

the K

AARP card??? I could just look at that picture of you in your avatar and knew you were a Grumpy Old Fart!

You know, most places give old people like you a discount, just for being old...
...In your case they give you a discount if you promise to NEVER come back (refer to the picture of your avatar again), scares the Heck out of most people!!

Just kidding, at the rate my birthdays seem to sneek up on me the older I get, I'll have my AARP card by next New Year's Day dive!

Jeremy

The only old people I know are non-divers. :wink:

Man, Darelor, you're good!!!

You must've taken bravo-sierra 401 in college . . . or did you do a graduate course ???!!! :D

the K

Back
Top Bottom