Another complaint about XEN Battery life!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my XEN in July. Since then I have had two dives on it. I also have played around it a little bit. About 10 times with dive simulation. Each time less than 10 mins. I also have updated the XEN once for the latest firmware and performed one download (for the two dives I mentioned). So you can see I have not had it switched on for long cumulatively. Today is October 15 and I have had it for 3 months only and when I switched it on, the battery warning turned red and less then 5 sec it turned itself off and needed a battery change to get it back. Can the battery run itself out SOOOOOOO fast??? I know they had a glitch in the software which issue the battery warning prematurely. But I have updated the latest firmware which supposed to have it sorted out. How long can I leave it idle (not switched on) for a battery life? 3 months, 6 months? Anyone still has battery life problem after the firmware update?

According to the XEN manual, the battery voltage should stay at 3.6V during most of its life. However, when I checked the voltage of the new battery which I put in today, it shows only 3.48 to 3.5 V. According to the manual again, 3.5V corresponds to 70% discharged. May be the problem of the whole battery issue is the batteries themselves. :shakehead:

I've changed my Xen battery three times since buying it at BTS in March. Battery was changed on June 18th, Oct 6th and Oct 22nd). If I knew the battery life on the Xen was so bad I would have brought another Uwatec Tech 3G to replace the one I lost in February.

I put a fresh battery into the Xen on Oct 6th while in cave country. I did five dives during that weekend. I am intro level cave (dive to sixth) so each of my dives are at the most 30'ish minutes [-]long [/-] short. Returned from cave country and brought the PC interface for the Xen, downloaded all my dives since April onto my PC.

Was at the local quarry on Saturday and five minutes into the first dive of the day, the change battery warning comes on and Xen turns off. :shakehead:

How can the battery drain after five dives and some PC interface time?? It's a great bottom timer but the battery life truly sucks!

Seems like that all complaints on battery life issue are on the XEN and not XEO. I would expect a even shorter battery life on the Xeo but looks like there isn't any complaint on this. So is there a hardware or software bug in the XEN draining all the juice from the battery?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom