Another appreciative newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome from Idaho. (That's between Utah and Canada.) And yes there are three or four divers here. Have fun and good luck with the OW.

Welcome from Athens, Greece !!

You will find more information here than you ever ask for !!

Just ask...and read...

Manogr

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA.
Have fun, Dive Safe……………………..Arduous

Mike -

Welcome! I'm new to this board but I've been diving for a while. I live in Frederick Maryland, right up I-270 from you.

First off, you might want to look into joining a club. I divemaster for the Brass Anchor in Frederick and they have a club (Ocean Rovers) that meets at the Brass Anchor the third Wednesday of each month at 7PM. There are always munchies and we share dive reports and follow that by a lecturer or a slide show or video. We have some good photographers and videographers in the club so the presentations are usually pretty good. Check out the Brass Anchor website. There are probably several other clubs in the area.

Aditionally, there are several local scuba mailing lists. One is dc-scuba and the other is atlantic diver. If you are not already familiar with them and you are interested, let me know.

Jeff

Just a line or two to say thanks for all the feedback. Grateful especially to Jeff from Maryland, who has suggested trying out the Brass Anchor. May get round to visiting at some stage.

The Club notion is excellent and I have been enjoying the support and advice of staff at the Splash Dive Centre in Alexandria.

Mike

Very grateful to everyone who has communicated with this new boy, thank you all.

I'd still like to hear from anyone in DC or Northern Virginia who can recommend good local divestores or diving venues.

Went down to Lake Rawlings recently and was very impressed with the quality of that site, but it's a trek to make it (over 150 miles for me).

Can anyone recommend something closer?

Back
Top Bottom