Annual New Years Day Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enjoyed the dive, the food and meeting so many new folks.

I second the thanks for the grub Shawn. Had tons of fun thanks to so many very nice and interesting people at the event. I want to also thank the three other people I dove with Jay (my dive buddy), Brenda, and Shawn for a great dive. Jay and I were able to find the sunken boat at about 63' down, we also saw a snake; I'm not sure if it was real, dead, or alive though due to the supt build up on it.

Sorry the O'Grady boys had to miss this, but we did our own version up here in NY. Technically it was a pre New Year dive since we actually had a freak winter strom with lightning on the beach on New Years Day and had to abort the actual New Year's day dive.

Our local conditions on the Long Island Sound-
Air temp 32-38 degrees
2-4 foot surf
10-20 ft viz
Water Temp 40 degrees

We got 3 dives in over Dec 29/30 before the conditions turned too bad to execute a safe shore surf entry/exit. Third dive was a night dive - very cool - several of the condo owners were out on their decks in the freezing cold watching our green glowing light pool wander about the waterfront.

Did I mention the water temp - 40 degrees! That's diving!

Sounds like Lake Travis will be akin to bath water for the O'Gady boys.

The way the wind was blowing New Years day, we might have had 2 - 4 foot surf over at Windy Point!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom