Announcing a new forum...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HammerNoMore

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Yea! We've got coverage here in the Midwest!

This club covers Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Southern IL and Southern IN (we have some Southern IL and IN.

I'll be moving area posts here as I have the time. We also need to decide some things like:

a) Do we want a club web page and if so who do wants to run it?
b) What kind of information would we like stuck at the top of the forum? I'd recommend a roster like this: http://www.scubaboard.com/t36085.html and some information on dive sites...
c) What do we want for a mascot?
d) Are we ok with the description on the main page or do we want to change it?

Have fun with the new forum and feel free to PM me with any issues that might require moderating.

James

Mascot? How about your triathlete avatar, James? Or a catfish or bluegill? Or a crawfish? Or a toothless hillbilly? I've got it!--the Missouri Mule!

Just some ideas. Let me know if I can help with a list of local dive sites. I have a pretty good list, not just of lakes, but of specific sites on the lakes. I'm sure it's not the most comprehensive around, but it is sure alot more that most of the new divers who will find our forum know of.

theskull

Ideas for the mascot.

Flathead Catfish - live on the bottom and thrive in murky water.

Carp - ie. glorified goldfish - love the murky water as well and swim fast. Good eating if you know how to cook em (and don't ask me how to cook em, I don't even fish).

I like the crawfish (or crawdad) idea as well - rumble around on the bottom investigating everything and can move well when needed but are not in a hurry most of the time (unless you have some baloney on a string and then they won't let go, kinda like a pitbull only much smaller).

Just some ramdom thoughts - take em lightly

Frenchy07

Crawdad or crawfish ideas sounds like a good one to me. Something cartoony. If we decide to do shirts we could use the mascot with the outline of the states behind it.

Logo, I like the one I posted a few weeks ago...7mm suit and 7ft. viz, now thats diving.

Like the roster idea, I think most clubs have something similiar to it.
I'm partial to the catfish since I'm the only stingray that I know of in the Northern mucky waters :eyebrow:
I like crpntr133 idea for the logo, except it should read 2' instead of 7'. :D
Norman

I like the idea of a t-shirt. Can't get enough diving tees. Mascot - gotta throw the idea of a Jayhawk in since we have the MO Mule suggested - just kidding. I'm not real creative but I will work on a idea or two.

Proud Muck Diver,
Becky

Mascot? How about a catfish feeling his way around the bottom of the muck?

I'm not sure about a mascot, but nothing says diving in the midwests like...

I think I see a fish....... wait that might be my buddy..... nope, sorry it's a rock. :D

cortez:
I think I see a fish....... wait that might be my buddy..... nope, sorry it's a rock. :D
Is it the same rock you ran into during the TH because the vis was so bad?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom