Announcements on New Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geoff_H

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello

Do we have to see local forum announcements in the "view new posts" link? I can understand why big important announcements like server upgrades or major changes go there but 99.9% of users don't really need to see BKK Divers local meetings on every search?

sb.jpg

All announcements are displayed when you're viewing "New Posts".

As duplicate announcements are not needed, one has been removed.

I keep getting announcements from Arizona at the top, is there a way to stop unwanted announcements with the "read new posts" feature

Seems kind of silly to take up all that real estate every day to announce BKK Arizona is having a meeting June 3rd. I imagine very few people are interested in it.

Seems kind of silly to take up all that real estate every day to announce BKK Arizona is having a meeting June 3rd. I imagine very few people are interested in it.

Yep, that was my point too. Having announcements up too long, or too many irrelevant ones tends to lead people's eyes to skip past them on the 4th or 5th viewing, and possibly miss any new ones that are put up.

I would think a sticky in the forum would be just as effective for communicating to the local divers group any upcoming meetings?

Announcements should only be made by senior staff. We are looking into the permissions that allowed this to happen. My apologies!

No worries Pete, thanks for looking into it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom