Anna Marie Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake 10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
1690455432384.png

I assume you mean Anna Maria Island, and this is off the old city pier? My family used to live there for many decades and I remember fishing off this pier as a little kid trying not to catch a ray, but sometimes it happened. I don't remember seeing so many though at one time. This looks like you're looking off into the Gulf with Egmont Key just out of the photo to the right.
I've lived here in Micanopy near Gainesville for almost three decades now, but your photo got me homesick thinking of the Bradenton area and family members long gone now...

I assume you mean Anna Maria Island, and this is off the old city pier? My family used to live there for many decades and I remember fishing off this pier as a little kid trying not to catch a ray, but sometimes it happened. I don't remember seeing so many though at one time. This looks like you're looking off into the Gulf with Egmont Key just out of the photo to the right.
I've lived here in Micanopy near Gainesville for almost three decades now, but your photo got me homesick thinking of the Bradenton area and family members long gone now...
it is not my photo. I just reposted from the Anna Marie Facebook page

With sharks populations severely depleted, this is not surprising.

While that is a large fever, it's not entirely unusual. We usually see some photos or video of similar events about every year during the summer. Sharks as well from time to time.

Pretty much every Floridian learns a couple of things related to the local wildlife in elementary school. We learn how to get away from alligators on land. We also learn the "Stingray Shuffle."

Busy day off Anna Maria today.

First a collision between two boats.

While the injured from that incident were being brought ashore, there was another boat bringing a shark bite victim to shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom