Ankle Problems, Split Fins, and Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Knowing that someone else must have this problem I am looking for a bit of help, and or information. I am somewhat new to diving and purchased ScubaPro Twin-Jets and O'Neil 3mm tropical short booties. Problem is that after an hour or so in the water my ankels are killing me, to the point where I need to pretty much stop the dive and give 'em a rest - I have in the past broken both ankels and do have continual issues with them. Question is would I be better off with a full boot for support and would a 3mm full boot make any difference at all or do I need to go to a 5mm - also other tips from divers with the same issues would be much appriciated.

Thanks.

... and a decent ankle brace.

I had a knee fixed and the therapy I received wasn't up to par. I went back for another go around about a year ago and that really helped.

So that might be a way to go.

The booties don't offer any support. You'll have to buy a brace and then wear a bootie over it.

Peter Doege

Back
Top Bottom