Anilao water temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today, 76 degrees. Past two weeks, 76-77. Bloody cold.

Thanks! Time to bring out the wetsuit. Maybe the mods can make this thread sticky and make one for the other popular sites also.

While it registered 77 yesterday, some daring divers were on board shorts and rash guards already at Twin Rocks. The sun was up all day and warm. I'm short one layer now from a 3 mm wetsuit plus radiator rash guard plus aeroskin hooded vest. I stopped the hooded vest and down to just the rash guard and 3 mm wetsuit. Next week I might try my .5 Neilpryde rash guard and Orca .5 pants.

I just returned to Thailand a couple of days ago after a week of diving at Anilao. I froze in 24-25°C water every dive. It wouldn't have been so bad, but there was also a cold wind blowing all week long, so coming up cold from a dive and getting even colder during the surface interval from the wind, and then doing a second dive was a challenge to my body, I can tell you! Fortunately I had a camera in my hand, so I was able to forget how cold I was between photo subjects! My advice: 5mm of rubber and a hood.

My computer registered 24c (74f) on April 21 at Ligpo (near Anilao). My wife and I did two dives each and she kept signalling me that it was too cold during both dives.

just came back from there, it was between 26-27c

Back
Top Bottom