Anilao dive resorts/shops without stairs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterpurrs

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have bad knees and ankles and don't think I can handle taking steep steps daily. Is there any dive resort in Anilao where I don't have to take many stairs to go diving and eat every day? If not I might have to skip Anilao altogether.

I have bad knees and ankles and don't think I can handle taking steep steps daily. Is there any dive resort in Anilao where I don't have to take many stairs to go diving and eat every day? If not I might have to skip Anilao altogether.
Anilao is a hillside. Good luck.

CBR is definitely on a hillside, only the departure area to the boats is close to sea level

That honestly looks reasonable. I'll look into it. Thanks a lot!

Paging @Centrals since you've been to the Philippines a lot.
No idea on any resort not being built on the hill at that penisular.
Anilao Scuba Dive Center if you are conscientious of the cost.

Define "many" stairs?

If you get in Suites 3 or 4 at Casa Escondida, you will be on the same level as the restaurant / bar (circled in red)...so not a lot of steps to get from room to meals, etc. There is one set of steps to the dive center / pool level and then a set of steps to the boat.

Attachments

• CasaEscondida.jpg
    CasaEscondida.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 24
Very hilly location, I doubt there are any without many stairs, even to the accommodation closest to the water.

Thanks for all recs! I agree I should clarify what is "too many" for me. Under 5 steps doesn't matter. 10-15 steps would be difficult but can be done. 20-25 steps would be extremely, extremely undesireable. >30 steps would be out of the question.

So far I've been pointed toward the following places for my mid-April trip:
- Bauan Divers Sanctuary Resort
- Portulano
- Anilao Photo Academy
- Saltitude
- ASDC
- Layag Resort
- Maybe also Pier Uno? I can't really tell from the photos
(Casa Escondida and Halo have a bit too many stairs for my liking)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom