Andy Rooney ~ Older Women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee once bubbled...

You couldn't pay me enough to go back to my 20's. Or even my 30's! Life started for me in my 40's. I've definately gotten better!
Thank you so much for the reassurance. I am on the bottom end of those bigger numbers, and the more I speak with women who are a decade or more older, the more I am confident the best is yet to come!
I find it very interesting that attitude has a lot to do with the outlook. Those with the best attitude have the best outlook. I need to remember to keep my attitude in a positive position.
Have a great day!

The last and only "lady of my life" was 42 and I was 28 when we met. She taught me a great deal about a great many things and we are still friends. I barely look at women below 30 (except the ocassional head turn) and then never in the presence of a lady that I am supposed to be around, (sorry I am a male). I am in my mid-thirties myself and my life started when I took up diving! Why should I expect it to be any different for the women?

I find the conversation with "older women" so much more interesting. They have more experiences to talk about and I love history which is basically storytelling.

Enjoy your compliments ladies, you deserve every single one of them.

I'm bad, I know it, but if someone would have said that women get better with age I would have called them crazy.

Maybe I'm just growing up:wink: (not), but I've been married almost 16 yrs and my wife is turning 40 (I didn't say that:mean: ) and she is far prettier, sexier, and definitely more adventurous than when we got married.

I must've had inkling about this phenomenon even when dating since I can only recall dating one girl younger than I was then. By the way my wife is older than I am.:D

I like knowing life just gets better as we age. I'm enjoying my thirties -- sounds like my forties will be even better.

Happy diving

Hey on a side note....with me being in my early 40's.....

There's something to be said for older men. My dive buddy, travel companion, confidant, friend, and committed lover is about 17 years older than I am. He is extremely young in a physical sense with the outdoor hobbies he has.

He's wiser, confident in his masculinity, secure, grounded, fit, fun and adventurous. He's a professor at the local university and frankly, doesn't see the attraction of the "22yearold". He commented to me once when I asked him about coeds.... "Once the physical is over, what's left?"

Right now he's canoeing in Boundary Waters with 5 other men ranging in age from mid 20's up to 60. How many 22yearold females would be comfortable with that? And he's got to have a handle on the sport....how many guys in their mid 20's do you see paddling with a guy who's 59??

I'm keeping him!

to be in my thirties again. say mid-thirties. say 35.

face it, in many respects getting old bites: deteriorating vision? arthritis? slowing metabolism!!!

WRINKLES? GRAY HAIR?

mind you, while i'd like to be 35, i want to keep the knowledge and experience i've gained during the past seven years.

getting old: bleah!

(inappropriate remark deleted.....dm)

1) Age of a woman is immaterial ... they all are wonderful in their own way - when I understand them that is.

2) My grandfather and grandmother met when they were working in the coal mines in Newcastle in the NE England at the turn of the century (20th that is) He was 10 and she was 6.
As adults, she was 5'2" and about 7 stone, he was a 20 stone (280lb) 6'4 giant Sergeant-major in the British Army during WW2 who was afraid of no one ... except my nan ....
he said that a wise man who says he understands women is a liar,
but then, my grandmother would say in retort, that the problem with men is that you cant live them and you are not allowed to shoot them.

she died aged 90 and he died almost a year later aged 95, they had been married for 75 years ... they must have known something.

Well Dee i have to agree with you there. I am quite close to my mum. I came back from 3 yrs away at uni and watching the way my mum is, her carefree attitude is envious! Id like to think it is rubbing off on me... she, like Andy says, doesnt care what people think, she gets on with what makes her happy... and that is definately reflected in her persona... I think its a confidence thing that you only develop with age, you know yourself well enough and you have a string sense of self belief... im lucky to have an example in my mum... older women definatley rule.. and they have a lot of wise words.... I would always take my mums advice.. (or any older women i respected) advice over a friends... they definately know the tricks of the trade like the back of their hand!!!

Keep on Grooving... :D

Yeah, well, bull. Andy Rooney may think so, but tell that to other guys. I just turned 53 and I'm starting to feel invisible or patronized, and it's pissing me off.

That is a great piece Dee. I've always loved older women for those reasons and my mom is 6 years older than my dad, although at the moment I'm seeing a very mature 31 year old.

Back
Top Bottom