Question Andros, Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@mcohen1021 and the reefs?

Pretty much everywhere in the Caribbean has dying sick reef, but overall it was pretty good,. I have a lot of other places I want to go the trip was very fun , or I would do it again

AFAIK neither the Aggressor or any of the All Star boats (eg Aquacat) go to Andros, they seem to stick to Exuma and Eleuthera, except for the Aggressor Tiger Beach trips. (When we did a 2 week extended trip on the Aquacat years ago, they went further southeast to like Cat, San Salvador, maybe Long island - not to Andros.) So is the reason dive quality (or lack thereof) or something else?

Dive quality. I've been told Andros is a healthy eco system, but is not what I read on the reports and blogs.

Yeah that was sort of a rhetorical question, I assume it’s simply not worth their time. Of the places they do dive, even many of those spots the reefs are toast. There’s a few spots with very nice coral, though the usual reef critter suspects and small fish seem generally scarce, perhaps due to the big lionfish. Decent schools of larger fish sometimes, and of course sharks all over the place. They’re good at making the most of what’s there.

AFAIK neither the Aggressor or any of the All Star boats (eg Aquacat) go to Andros, they seem to stick to Exuma and Eleuthera, except for the Aggressor Tiger Beach trips.

Correct

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom