And the secret formula for removing catheter glue is:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
Rubbing alchohol. Not only dissolves the glue, but leaves you feeling minty-fresh and ready to take on the world!

Rubbing alcohol on wood?

If you get wood trying to remove a catheter, then you should switch back to "Depends" undergarments. Way more perverted.

Oversharing--inappropriate visuals--two beer penalty--your cooler!

My cooler is generally empty. Just out of curiousity, why do you find yourself compelled to read this sort of post? Maybe the moderators can move this to the Mens Forum.

Rubbing alcohol on wood = painful experience; wood and alchohol don't mix....

This is silly. Rubbing alcohol is intended to be used on skin. It dissolves the catheter glue and disinfects the tubing and connector. It works remakably well and there is zero pain.

This is silly. Rubbing alcohol is intended to be used on skin. It dissolves the catheter glue and disinfects the tubing and connector. It works remakably well and there is zero pain.

You are correct but if there are any abrasions or cuts down there you are going to be in a lot of pain...

There are men who shave down there to prep for a catheter and accidents happen...

Be careful....

You are correct but if there are any abrasions or cuts down there you are going to be in a lot of pain...

There are men who shave down there to prep for a catheter and accidents happen...

Be careful....

I had abrasions "down there" (I love that phrase) from trying to extricate myself from condom #1 with soap and water. The slightest discomfort of the rubbing alcohol was more than obviated by the total neutralization of the adhesive on condom #2. Given a choice between glue-killing alcohol or GLUE stuck in a cut, I'm going with the antiseptic. This works so well that I'm starting to believe that people do know about it, but are smugly keeping it to themselves.

Okay, (I finally got to dive today in Sunny Florida) don't pour rubbing alcohol down into the catheter through the tubing; its uncomfortable and doesn't further your endevour to get the dang thing off. Again, rubbing alcohol seems to neutralize the glue and works really well ( not to mention leaving you feeling minty-fresh....) but, if you add water, the whole thing becomes a sticky mess again. But I should have known this from my duct tape, and I don't mean "Honey I'm Home" brand duct tape, experience. So, straight rubbing alcohol works great. Plus it kills germs.

Back
Top Bottom