An appeal for aid (supplies only)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoopy

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear friends,

At the suggestion of friends from a photography forum in US, I had made the necessary enquiries. If you are able to assist, please lend your helping hand.

============================================================

I have recounted my experiences in this thread :
http://www.photozo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=80206#80206

On your offer of assistance, I have just got off the phone with the scuba shop that we were diving with. Mr Phonsiri (Watt) Surasree, is a certified Padi Diving instructor (PADI MSDT # 469469) and managing director of a diving centre, Sea Moth, in Trang Thailand. Trang is about 300km south of Phuket, and about 180km south of Karbi / Phi Phi lsland. About 2 - 3 hrs drive.

I have known Mr Watt for about 3 years now. One of the courses that he teaches is 1st aid, called emergency response, as part of the Rescue diver certification. He had already dispatched his staff to the effected area to render assistance.

I had mentioned about this forum's member offer of medical and other goods in kind, and if he can distribute them to the effected victims or the local authorities coordinating the relief efforts. He has kindly consented.

His contact details are below:

Sea Moth
212/5 Visetkul Road,
Tubtieng, Trang 92000
Thailand
Attn: Mr Phonsiri Suprasree
Mobile : +66 9652 2404
email: seamoth2004@yahoo.com

My name is Jimmy Ng from Singapore. My personal email address is a06724@yahoo.com / jimmyng@singapore.com. My mobile number is +65-96910472, should you need to talk to me.

Needed : post-distaster recovery items. Sorry but could not draw the list as none of us had the experience of this particular event. If you can share with us your experiences & the items commonly needed on post tornados, earthquake, storm. We would appreciate it.

Would appreciate if you can email to him and copy me as to what you have indended to send over.

His command of english is reasonable, but do not expect long report and 100% grammartic error free. If you want to call him, Thailand is about 12hrs ahead of US time, and please speak slowly.

Feel free to pass this message around.

Do let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Please note that we are not attempting to compete with the Red Cross or other relief agencies for relief-resources. Just offering another avenue to transfer of goods in kind.

Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom