American Pro Divers? GRRR!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Jackson,

Are you doing guided open water trips to the "Eagle's Nest"?

I have to admit - all this back and forth about American Pro Dive makes me worried. My husband and I have 3 dives and the manatee tour arranged with them for this summer and now I am worried. I am always on time for things, but .... should I be concerned? Move my reservation to another shop?

sarita75:
I have to admit - all this back and forth about American Pro Dive makes me worried. My husband and I have 3 dives and the manatee tour arranged with them for this summer and now I am worried. I am always on time for things, but .... should I be concerned? Move my reservation to another shop?

Do your homework by reading what is said, Get your own feel for what may or may not have happened, see what is said about other companies in the area that people stand-by/suggest, then make an informed decision :) :) I posted my own feelings long ago (see earlier post in this thread - there is a link).

OHGoDive:
It seems pretty obvious that he was rude to you because you were rude to him and his other customers, i.e. showing up late without contacting them. While I am sure that it was unintentional, it was certainly rude and inconsiderate, and if you had shown up on time none of this would have taken place.

Now, that being said, an owner who dispenses rudeness in response to rudeness is probably not using the best business model.

At this point, there really isn't much more for this to turn into than a "he said/she said" kind of thread.

I wish people would take more responsibility for their actions. It's bothersome to see someone gripe about what someone else did (even if it is terribly unjust), when they themselves caused the entire situation in the first place. If you set the ball in motion, you have to be prepared to accept whatever comes of it.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Don't want to be treated that way again? Don't treat other people the way that you treated them again. Piece of cake.

Wow, I wonder if I could work any more cliches into this response?

I never considered that us being late could be taken as rude, you make a very fair point with that one! Yes we were late, and yes we didn't call. Our fault? Yes! However, we didn't make anyone else late and didn't interfere with anyone else as far as their dives went (thank goodness!) and by general rules of consideration we didn't deserve to dive. No problem.
Seriously though, nobody should stand there and disrespect a couple of 60 year olds and treat them like they were garbage.
But enough said!

deepstops:
Wow, does this suck. I've said it before but I'll say it again: Bird's is the WORD!

American Pro was also recently "outed" for offering "guided tours" to OW divers in the Eagles Nest cave system not far from their shop.

Sorry but while American Pro *might* do guided dives at Eagles Nest, I doubt they would do it for just OW people. That's never been proven nor do I ever think that would happen based upon my experiences with American Pro. They are one of the more conservative, safe shops I've done business with... hands down.

While they've been getting bad reports lately for Manatee snorkels and dives on this board, I've never had a bad experience with them other than their shop being busy and having to wait my turn.

I dive through and train with American Pro anywhere between 2x and 5x times per year.

If people have issues with American Pro, get the person's name and post it here, please... no more "some guy" or "the dude" wasn't helpful. There are lots of people that work at American Pro, most in customer facing situations.

If it's one bad apple, then I trust American Pro can take care of it.

Ron, Sean and everyone has always been top notch and accomodating. Nothing less.

Missdirected:
I would say; lesson learned, take a deep breath, and move on. Hopefully, other members read the reports and take note, that is all that matters in the end anyway :)

Did you ever read the post I mentioned?

Point taken!

I did read your post before I left for the trip, but as my parents booked the trip for me I didn't want to be a nay-sayer! But now I know better!
Thanks for the original post BTW, had a listened to you in the first place this never would have happened!
:D

sarita75:

I'd call American Pro and be open with them. Let'em know you're already booked with them but there have been numerous people on Scuba Board reporting bad experiences.

If they're rude or dismiss it, dump 'em... doubt they will be. Just saw Ron has taken time to post here which is always welcome.

If they offer assurances and the like, who knows you might get treated like king and queen... :D

Like I've posted elsewhere... I've always had good experiences... even great experiences... but I gotta question how things are going... don't want to see something happen quality wise... It could one individual that is causing the issue and if it is, get their name... Sean and Steve and everyone really I've dealt with there has gone above and beyond... Sean's trained all my kids... I've been loaned snorkels, wetsuits, masks, etc. when someone in my dive groups forgotten them (some shops will charge you, ya know. :wink: ) ... they have always taken care of me and my groups...

If you call... speak with Ron (owner) or Sean Bradley...

jeandiver:
GUIDED OPEN WATER TOURS IN EAGLES NEST???!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

UFFDA

I know there has been discussion on that on other forums and that's one reason why Eagles nest was closed for the longest time...gads
(or so they tell me...)

Last I checked , it was MINIMUM Cave , Trimix certification etc...
(from the Agencies) Or something close to that.
The nest is actually BEYOND my depth limits for cave!

Jeano

Sorry it's not restricted since it's a public land area from what I recall... HIGHLY recommended that you have all those things but not *REQUIRED*...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom