Amed Family Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've just got to chime in and say...Amed is my favorite place in the whole world and qualify that by adding that I don't really care about the typical tourist "stuff" like shopping and nightlife. I had nobody hassling me trying to sell me stuff, no problems with theft, no problems riding a scooter around and nobody trying to scam me. I'm looking forward to returning but this time I'm going to do a side trip to Gili Air for a week or so.

I mostly dived Tulamben with Adventure Divers. Mind you I went in the off season ( November) and they have a large staff so I frequently had my own personal divemaster. After diving Bali, I don't think I'll ever return to the Caribbean.

Enjoy your trip

I stayed with them for a month. 5/5 AC, hot water, nicely furnished room with fresh linens and towels every day. Breakfast included, coffee tea, juice water included all day and one evening when it was going to rain, they delivered two umbrellas to my bungalow. There's a bar next door that has sports games playing, it's a little annoying but at 10pm they shut it off. The grounds are amazing, a jungle in the desert with the gardener hand watering the place 3x/day. Totally worth the price and any criticisms I can think up would be so petty I'd be embarrassed typing them.

The rooms are small, mostly due to the presence of a king sized bed and the living area is outside on the covered porch. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat were it just me, or my wife and I but if our son decides to join us then we're going to have to get two rooms.

Amed Family Vacation​

It's horrible that I read that as Armed Family Vacation. Feels great to be an American these days.

Now to go back and read the thread in the hopes my vision improves. I promise my next post won't be innane.

I have to say, this has been an amazingly entertaining and educational thread.
Definitely going to be planning next year's trip to Gili Air, at least.
There was a period a few years ago that return tickets to Denpassar were going for around $600. Let's hope they go back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom