Ambient Diver Cozumel welcomes Martin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the DSD group didn't have their own DM and it forced me to dive their profile, that would pretty much end my diving with the op that made that happen.

For sure.

I can't envision any op on Cozumel pulling a stunt like that.
Neither me, but this:
lairdb:
Thanks (we're both 300-dive-ish, but have been trapped with DSD's (20 feet, 20 minutes) once or twice.

Since when did Barracuda become part of the marine park? It was always the international peer and south

Seeing everyone’s reactions here, I think I’ve decided I will be diving with Ambient Diver when I get my Cozumel trip planned out. It sounds like a great crew and service

Effective today, we made a small change in our pricing and now no longer include Nitrox - this of course reduces the cost of daily diving.

I'm a big firm believer in Nitrox and the freedom it gives a person here - when diving air and my GF high set at 80, I always get deco on my second dive, always, and that is not doing anything abnormal....... Deco is all relative, your computer probably is set different than mine but we have both been exposed the same so it comes down to how conservative do you want to be......

I stand in the marina and watch other boats load tanks and while there is more nitrox now than years ago, it is still the minority gas used.

I don't want someone to unintentionally be forced to use a gas and I really don't want someone choosing a different operator because of policy. Dive what you want, the way you want!!! That has always been what I am about, come and enjoy!

I think this brings us in line with most all operations here - Air is the standard gas!!!!

Our website is www.ambientdiver.com and all pricing should be updated!!!

@ChuckP

A couple of questions for you, my kind sir

How many boats do you guys run?

Do you run any lionfish trips?

Historically speaking, how often do your afternoon and night dives go out?

We dove 6 days with a small op in Roatan recently and, while everything was superb on all accounts, we unfortunately got skunked on night dives due to lack of diver demand.

Thanks!

@ChuckP

A couple of questions for you, my kind sir

How many boats do you guys run?

Do you run any lionfish trips?

Historically speaking, how often do your afternoon and night dives go out?

We dove 6 days with a small op in Roatan recently and, while everything was superb on all accounts, we unfortunately got skunked on night dives due to lack of diver demand.

Thanks!

We only have one boat, at this time, we had one week needed two boats.

We can hunt lionfish anytime - Martin evaluates you and your skills, most all have no issues, it's just a policy we have to have......

Night dives are by demand - need two for a night dive and that's generally pretty easy to round up.

Afternoon dives, same thing, but would rather have 3 to go but go will go for two if you're diving all week, not as easy to round up people for that though, but knowing in advance helps. Cozumel is maybe 90% 2 dives and done for the day I would venture to guess. There is an occasional crazy group that aims for a 5 dive per day average for a week, with no wetsuits jajajaja - you know who you are!!!

The small fast boat, close by night dive locations and Martin's ability to manage dive sites, I think gives us better freedom to get you what you want.

Hello, I see the website, Facebook and Instagram are all down. Is Ambient divers still active?

Back
Top Bottom