Ambient Diver Cozumel welcomes Martin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More questions:
Do you handle the dive gear on multi day dives? - Yes, we rinse all dive gear including wetsuits (2nd rinse basin)
What gear would you store fir multiday dives if any? - We store all gear while you are here - we have a secure location at my house
Does your price include tax? - Yes
Where do you do your SI? - As a group, we have not talked about doing SI's at any one spot only - they have been picking them as the dives dictate (yes, I know bathroom is important!!!!)
Are any snacks or drinks provided besides water? - Fruit, some kind of bread or pastry, water and some kind of juice. We try to ask what your likes or dislikes are - we want you to eat and drink!!!

See the comments above and thank you!!

Congratulations Chuck! We dive with Jungle Divers on a Charro boat (usually My Way) but would love to stop in to say hello. Where is your boat at Fonatur and when do you guys head out each morning? Charro's boats leave around 9:30, after a lot of the boats are long gone. It sure would be nice to put a face to a fellow SBer!

Again, congratulations!!!! This is wonderful news and it's clearly a great development for you and your business! :)

We've been leaving between 8 and 9 - up to this point, most of the trips have been boat rentals so the times have been changing. I like 8 but some like 9 - maybe we will split the difference and do 8:30 - it's somewhat of timing things so you are not diving on top of other groups and allowing folks to get their breakfast!!

We are on the first pier to the left of the ramp (not by Pemex), first dock to the left - we have a great spot actually. We don't have to move the boat and we are about as close as you can get.

Get to the marina a little early - half the fun is watching and listening when it's busy!!

Thank you Kimela!!! We all appreciate it!!!

Congrats on a great hire. I dove with Martin a number of times when Pedro was off, and enjoyed the dives. We spent a few end of dives after everybody went up, looking for the really small things with a good deal of success. Nivo was always an attentive captain and was always right near us when we surfaced.

See the comments above and thank you!!

We've been leaving between 8 and 9 - up to this point, most of the trips have been boat rentals so the times have been changing. I like 8 but some like 9 - maybe we will split the difference and do 8:30 - it's somewhat of timing things so you are not diving on top of other groups and allowing folks to get their breakfast!!

We are on the first pier to the left of the ramp (not by Pemex), first dock to the left - we have a great spot actually. We don't have to move the boat and we are about as close as you can get.

Get to the marina a little early - half the fun is watching and listening when it's busy!!

Thank you Kimela!!! We all appreciate it!!!
Tax is included in your prices on your site, cool!

What is the max passenger load for your boats on normal days?

Tax is included in your prices on your site, cool!

What is the max passenger load for your boats on normal days?
We have 6 southern park permits and 8 northern park permits so 6 plus two crew or 8 plus two crew.

What are northern and southern park permits?

I know you know the federal marine park, the braclets you get - the southern park is the area everyone dives in 99% of the time. There is a northern park also, past Barracuda around the northern edge of the island - there are dive sites up there as well. Just more paperwork to be entirely legal.

The green slashed area is the southern, the blue slashed area is the northern.

1663978644976.jpeg

I know you know the federal marine park, the braclets you get - the southern park is the area everyone dives in 99% of the time. There is a northern park also, past Barracuda around the northern edge of the island - there are dive sites up there as well. Just more paperwork to be entirely legal.

The green slashed area is the southern, the blue slashed area is the northern.

View attachment 745221
Thanks. I remember years ago there was talk about establishing another park on the north end but I didn't know that it had been done. A couple more questions: Much of the northern park is on land while the southern park is all offshore; are the rules different? What is the solid green area?

Thanks. I remember years ago there was talk about establishing another park on the north end but I didn't know that it had been done. A couple more questions: Much of the northern park is on land while the southern park is all offshore; are the rules different? What is the solid green area?

Ehh, ummm well - honestly I do not really know and I should. The part on land is covering the lagoons that are up there. I'm not so sure about the fishing as I do still see fishermen up there. I need to go into the park office and better understand that area.

Permits are permits but really meaningless when no one is enforcing them - being a foreigner, it's important to me that we are 100% legal to operate where we operate - I want no issues. The north area is different and not just any boat should be up there - open ocean with prevailing North currents and no other boats around and when the wind shifts!

There's a lot of you here on this board, you dive a lot here. There is some very cool and different stuff up North - we know the known dive sites and regularly look for others but the stuff along the shoreline, we don't know that well. There is another new company - Gato's Reef - it's Chino, Gato and Jorgito - they have a really nice boat in the north marina and they do northern diving. Chino and Gato know that shoreline area probably better than anyone - there's a small island in the lagoons with a Mayan house on it, there's a pearl farm, the light house etc..... If you've been here a bunch and want to spend a day or two seeing something different - they'll show you something different! Message me and I'll get you Jorgito's number.....

Back
Top Bottom