Ambient chamber, Sorius 1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman(SA)

Reaction score
I bought a SeacSub Sorius 1000 1st and 2nd stage in the week to make up a new set.
I had an extra BCD, Octo, SPS, and LP inflator hose and decided to put it to use.

Dived this morning to around 20m to test the setup. All worked well. When I got home, I ran a full tub, put the regs on the tank and pressurized them.

I noticed small air bubbles comming out of the ambient chamber of the 1st stage. 5-6 bubbles, no bubbles for a second or two, 5-6 bubbles etc.

Is this perhaps normal on this spesific reg?, It does not seem right to me.

Any input on my problem?

Well it does not sound like a good thing but it does not sound like a big problem either. Try turning the tank valve off and see how long it takes to bleed down to zero. If it is more than a few minutes it probably will not significantly effect your SAC rate.

Of course if it is new the shop you purchased it from should fix it under warranty. I assume it is a piston first stage. Air must be leaking past one of the piston o-rings. Several things could cause including something as simple as dirt got in the ambient chamber and got under the o-ring. But you could have scratched part which the shop should replace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom