ambergris cay or placencia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ralph,

good to know, i noticed dives are more expensive from Placencia, I figured as much since more gas is required..

my family member said to use no one but Patty if we do go to Placencia..

it is going to be a tough decision, I know my girlfriend is leaning heavily towards ambergris, meanwhile i'm in favor of placencia :shakehead:

Ralph,

good to know, i noticed dives are more expensive from Placencia, I figured as much since more gas is required..

it is going to be a tough decision, I know my girlfriend is leaning heavily towards ambergris, meanwhile i'm in favor of placencia :shakehead:

LOL :wink: Guess you will be going to Ambergris Caye then

The boss has spoken LOL

Gaz

LOL :wink: Guess you will be going to Ambergris Caye then

The boss has spoken LOL

Gaz

as unfortunate as this is, at least i'm not the only one in this situation :D

And don't forget about the night dives. Returning to the surface and looking up at the stars is a memory not to be missed.

Wherever you end up going, just enjoy, I did my first dive off Ambergris Caye in 1979.

Edward

we did our first night dives in bonaire.. while terrifying, it is something that can't be missed.

Hol Chan marine reserve is where the night dive is conducted off Ambergris Caye and it really is a fantastic night dive especially if you can catch it a neap tide and full moon its just magical. Its one of the best night dives I have ever dove, the sea life is prolific both large and small critters, moray Eels, Tarpon, Sharks, Eagle Rays, Stingrays, Huge Dog Snappers and more

really a great night dive.

Only problem it can have a rippin current depending on the tides and the weather conditions you wont know until you get there how its going to be.

Gaz

Ralph,

Thank you very much for the endorsement for Splash. It means more when local people endorse us because they tend to be more in the know. Patty suggests you spend some time here and some time in Ambergris. If you e-mail me at ralph@splashbelize.com, I could offer some additional private suggestions (I have not figured out how to use Scubaboard to send private messages).
Regards
Ralph

Hey Ralph

Its easy to send a PM just click on the posters name and a drop down list will appear just click on send private message and fill in as you would do an email

best regards

Gaz

Thank you very much for the endorsement for Splash. It means more when local people endorse us because they tend to be more in the know. Patty suggests you spend some time here and some time in Ambergris. If you e-mail me at ralph@splashbelize.com, I could offer some additional private suggestions (I have not figured out how to use Scubaboard to send private messages).
Regards
Ralph

Hi Ralph, I missed you yesterday. I took my family down for the annual Easter bash on the beach and walked down to Splash. Talked to Patty for a while. I had met her about 6 years ago when I worked there. Nice lady and a hard worker.
I was surprised to see the dock that used to pump gas all broken down. I didn't realize the earth quake last year did that much damage.
Junk weather again today.

Back
Top Bottom