Amateur advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howzit Poolstok. I'm probably wasting your time answering in this thread seeing as you've got the answer already. But maybe just to reiterate, getting the full kit is going to cost a fortune and you will be unlikely to recover those expenses from your uw photography in any reasonable period of time. If you're a "rykgat" then go for it.

On the other hand, as an experienced photographer (judging from your website) you probably know full well that it is not the equipment that produce good pictures but rather the photographer. Expensive cameras and equipment just make it easier for a good photographer to achieve those results.

I suspect that, you being a good photographer already, you'd be able to produce better results than most other photographers using your Finepix camera.

A final note, and please take this from someone who's also qualified only very recently. I would think that it might be a good idea to get very comfortable under water first and then start taking uw photography seriously. I also bought the Finepix F30 plus underwater casing and I love it but I try not to let it get in the way of my diving so to speak, in other words I consider it more important to get my buoyancy, air consumption, buddy awareness etc. down pat than to get hundreds of excellent photographs. The pictures I can always get on future dives but I don't want to establish bad diving habits now because I'm too busy trying to get pictures. With the full kit it'll only be worse.

Back
Top Bottom