Am i approaching this right

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Researching the right one is proving a lot of fun right now, I've managed to firmly eliminate one and likely eliminate one. That's about it.

I am in the same boat right now, I hope that you can share your research results and decisions when you can please.

I've eliminated the sidewinder as this is my.first and I don't have sidemount experience.

Prism is more than likely out because I have concerns about hollis.

Research is just starting contenders are jj, spirit, fathom, and optima so far.

Me being well me I'm leaning towards mccr but that is mostly because personality and subject to change.

Yes, it is common for advanced nitrox to be a prerequisite for CCR. I know it was for me under TDI.
Ive seen it done as part of a class, so I was unaware of it being unable to be run concurrently.

Right now no because finding instructors is proving hard, likely there sites aren't updated but still.

Right now no because finding instructors is proving hard, likely there sites aren't updated but still.

OK, so it is the availability of training not the units/brands themselves. For me the training availability is no issue, or at least equal, since I can do it in Europe for all brands or, closer, in Egypt's Red Sea.

I’ve seen a serious recommendation to do the first mod 1 on rental gear of whatever model you are looking at. Because until you have done the class you don’t understand what is really going on and what really matters to you vs what you thought mattered. And you are likely to realize that you chose poorly. Not having $10,000 sunk into the rebreather makes it easier to accept that.

Don’t know, but it seemed to make sense.

I would not take any ccr training with an instructor that insists on me buying the unit before I do the training. If he doesn't have a rental unit to train on and requires me to buy one first, I would NOT even consider talking with him any further. (exception being if I am an experienced ccr diver and want to get another brand ccr to what I already have and know exactly why and what about the new unit for certain).

Yes, it is common for advanced nitrox to be a prerequisite for CCR. I know it was for me under TDI.
AN/DP is NOT necessary in order go CCR with TDI. You just end up taking air dil for your first CCR course if you’re not already deco trained. You’re limited to 100ft and no deco dives. The air dil class is what I’ll be doing once my unit finally ships this fall. Then I’ll do Helitrox next year.

Back
Top Bottom