Am i approaching this right

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

e students I have had try to do that wind up failing the course and so I will no longer offer that as an option (and the manufacturer for Fathom concurs and won't allow us to do that either). People lacking tech / deco experience are simply too overwhelmed to go from zero to completing a CCR deco course in 7 days time.
Totally agree... I would even say that also most technical divers starting a CCR course will be overwhelmed during the course and don't need the added workload of decompression stops added to it.

It's like learning to ski as a snowboarder or vice versa. Yes you've been on snow... but it's a totally different ball game... and you don't switch and then immediately do a black run. I know a GUE instructor who took one of the early JJ courses and after immediately commenced T1 dives, but after an almost blow up (talking balistic rocket) he significantly dailed it down for the first 50 dives on the unit. I'm no where near as talented but did the same thing, and I had enough deep trimix experience on OC.

It's like learning to ski as a snowboarder or vice versa. Yes you've been on snow... but it's a totally different ball game... and you don't switch and then immediately do a black run.

I describe it as trying to run on an ice rink. Your feet are moving but you're not going anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom