AM Dives with Splashdown Divers, March 19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelpmermaid:
Any ideas on depth? What I'm really wondering is if these dives will be nitrox-worthy...I am still thinking about the suit. I just hate the idea of packing the 7 mil, and I have no idea on the weighting with an aluminum tank...Hmm...well, we are still 3 weeks out.

Hi, I was in Jupiter and did both morning and afternoon trip (four dives) on air
and the ledges up there actually run a little deeper than in boynton. My dives
were between 35 and 40 minutes at an average of about 70-80 feet. I was up
into the yellow on the computer on my fourth dive almost into the red. If your
just doing a two tank trip the depths should not require nitrox but of course we
are all a bit different. With regards to the wetsuit although the temps were averaging
72 degrees I was just in boynton last weekend and spent about 20 minutes in
68 degrees before the water returned to 72, thermocline or something and this was my
second dive in a 3 mill full and i was cold there for a bit. I was gonna double up
with a shortie and my full and regretted that i had not. i will be buying a 5 mill
this summer for this season next year !

Kevin

down4fun:
Sounds like a great time. Sorry I am going to miss this one, but I will be in Cozumel. I know it's tough but someone has to do it :eyebrow:

Hopefully I'll catch the next one.
:11: Thanks for sharing Kim!!!!!

hehehehehehe, have a great time, we want a full report to drool over!

Okay!

Color me there! I'm hoping my gear will be dry after Hawaii, but if it isn't, I'll just have to suffer with a clammy wetsuit!

Right now, because I'm still in Albuquerque, NM (freezing my fins off) I can't speak officially for everyone else in my group, I'll just sign myself up. However, with any luck, I'll be bringing a herd with me. Will keep everyone advised as to how many I'll be bringing with me - with any luck, it will be at least four more.

Love KBeck's idea of invading her place for the SI then doing a night trip, but doubt if the rest of my crew would be up for it, so may have to beg out of that portion.

BTW - can anyone tell me where this place is? Never been here before.

Lee

idive2:
Hi, I was in Jupiter and did both morning and afternoon trip (four dives) on air and the ledges up there actually run a little deeper than in boynton. My dives
into the yellow on the computer on my fourth dive almost into the red.

Four dives at Jupiter ledges at 35 40 minutes on air! That kind of diving I will leave to you and the goats. I would rethink my profiles if I were you. Bouncing your deco needle into the Red on a "bendamatic" computer is not the way to get twenty years worth of diving on a good reef. Give up fifteen minutes of bottom today for a life time of diving that includes tommorow.

Four dives on air to 40 minutes at 70 ~ 80' has a safety factor.. of .. are you sure? and are you feeling better now?

Just a word of caution to you.

Eric

idive2:
Hi, I was in Jupiter and did both morning and afternoon trip (four dives) on air
and the ledges up there actually run a little deeper than in boynton. My dives
into the yellow on the computer on my fourth dive almost into the red. If your
just doing a two tank trip the depths should not require nitrox but of course we
are all a bit different. With regards to the wetsuit although the temps were averaging
72 degrees I was just in boynton last weekend and spent about 20 minutes in
68 degrees before the water returned to 72, thermocline or something and this was my
second dive in a 3 mill full and i was cold there for a bit. I was gonna double up
with a shortie and my full and regretted that i had not. i will be buying a 5 mill
this summer for this season next year !

Kevin
1-919-684-DAN Keep it on speed dial!

down4fun:
Sounds like a great time. Sorry I am going to miss this one, but I will be in Cozumel. I know it's tough but someone has to do it :eyebrow:

Hopefully I'll catch the next one.

I went all through the postings and seemed to have missed the one that says: down4fun- - HEY everybody! I am going to Cozumel I sure hope everyone else and came along and stay in my room! We can get like 15 people in there head to toe. Please PM me that you want to go and I'll send you the details.

If I did not know better I'd say you snuck around and planned a trip without us!

Seriously... where's the cozumel link.....

Hijacking.... what's that? ........... :laughing:

Orlando Eric:
Four dives at Jupiter ledges at 35 40 minutes on air! That kind of diving I will leave to you and the goats. I would rethink my profiles if I were you. Bouncing your deco needle into the Red on a "bendamatic" computer is not the way to get twenty years worth of diving on a good reef. Give up fifteen minutes of bottom today for a life time of diving that includes tommorow.

Four dives on air to 40 minutes at 70 ~ 80' has a safety factor.. of .. are you sure? and are you feeling better now?

Just a word of caution to you.

Eric

hey Eric, thanks for the comments. Eric, with my surface intervals and perhaps
an hour and a half between the morning and afternoon trip I was within limits.
I would certainly agree nitrox on a four dive trip like this is probably best. On a two
tank trip I would probably use air but next time on a four tank trip I will give more
consideration to nitrox, thanks again for your comments.

Kevin

idive2:
hey Eric, thanks for the comments. Eric, with my surface intervals and perhaps
an hour and a half between the morning and afternoon trip I was within limits.
I would certainly agree nitrox on a four dive trip like this is probably best. On a two
tank trip I would probably use air but next time on a four tank trip I will give more
consideration to nitrox, thanks again for your comments.

Kevin
Hey Kev, you know we love ya man..... that profile just looked a little scarey :10: ..... Play it safe we like seeing ya down there!

Vickie

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom