alternatives to pelican cases?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know all good products usually have a competitor who provides a cheaper alternative (although usually at lower quality). I was curious as to other manufacturers that make a good hard sided case similar to the 1510 (airline carry on) size.

Storm Case www.stormcase.com is a big competitor.

Additionally, there's a company called New Innovative Products - they make Starlight Case brand products - so named because they had the .MIL contract for NVG cases for years.

www.starlightcases.com

Call the owner (Brack Wilson) and see if they have anything in the "seconds" pile - typically overstock and slightly off-color/scuffed items. He's a nice guy and did me right on a rifle case a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tryed flying with a Pelican 1660 once...OMG!!!!!

Now I just put by BP&W in a computer case and my masks, computers and regs in a backpack and they all go one board. Fins and other stuff in a non descript suitcase checked in.

Works so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom