Alternate Hose lengths for my SS1 Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divezilla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an Atomic SS1 Octo as well as a Dive Alert Plus.
Currently they connect to each other, and the pair together is much to cumbersome.
That is ... the Inflator LP hose connects to the DiveAlert and the SS1 connects directly to the DiveAlert

So .. in a stick-diagram ... 1stStage----------DiveAlert-SS1

I'd like to put some space between them. Move the Dive Alert up higher and connect it to the SS1 with shorter hose. ..say 6 inches.
I would need two hoses ..
1) - 1st Stage to Dive Alert with QD fitting. Approx 12 inches
2) - from Dive alert to SS1 .. about 6inches. This one would need to have a Male QD fitting to connect to the Dive Alert and a normal female one for the SS1.

Stick-diagram ... 1stStage-----DiveAlert------SS1

Anyone done something like this?

I'm having trouble finding LP hoses that will work with the special quick disconnects used by the Atomic SS1.
It uses regulator hose with a larger QD than a normal BCD.

Any suggestions where I could but them?

Cheers

Thanks

I have one part that you will want. But before that you want is the following:

1) Std. LP BCD Hose with Schrader female port

2) DiveAlert Schrader: male nipple in and female port out

3) Hose assembly:
3a) Schrader male nipple with 3/8-24 Female threads
DIRZONE en products 27 64

3b) 6" LP hose 3/8-24 male threads on one end and 9/16-18 female threads on the other end
(Can be found at a dive shop as such short hoses are often used for reg displays)
http://www.techdivinglimited.com/in...ts_id=102594&zenid=u8l1l5hg3058og6bjcejmsj4e4

3c) SS1/Scuba Pro adaptor with 9/16-18 male threads
I have this piece as it can attach to a std LP hose for a 2nd stage regulator

4) SS1 Reg/inflator

Finding 3a is the only part that might hard to source as I am not sure if XS SCuba is still making them.

Last edited:
Thanks!

The solution I ended up with was rather simple.
I'm moving the DiveAlert to my drysuit hose. Dive Alert has a conversion kit with proper fittings for a standard inflator hose.
This way the DiveAlert is on it's own hose and tucked into my webbing/wing when I'm diving wet, or on my chest with the drysuit.
Best compromise I think

Back
Top Bottom