Alor October - How many mm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd love to hear your review or thoughts on the Ambai when you are back. I have a half charter to Raja Ampat with them in the Spring. I've been to Raja 2X before, but I have not been on this particular boat.

I'll let you know. If I forget please remind me.
We made a trip from sorong to kaimana with them in 2017 and were very satisfied.
We didn't want any surprises and thought the service was very good for the price so we chose them again.

Just got back from 12 days at Alami Alor. The water was colder than anticipated, ranging from 69 degrees to 78 at the surface. I wore a diveskin, a 1 mm, and after a couple days, my 3 mm over it all. I was comfortable. It was considerably colder swimming with the Mola molas when they surfaced.

I am on the Blue Manta trip with ... who?!? It's probably Fu, I think.

We had between 24 and 27 degrees today in three different dive sites. Great diving! One was a superfishy wall that reminded me of Raja Ampat. I should get better about writing down the names.

- Bill

I'll let you know. If I forget please remind me.
We made a trip from sorong to kaimana with them in 2017 and were very satisfied.
We didn't want any surprises and thought the service was very good for the price so we chose them again.

I'm also very interested in this boat and look forward to everything that you can tell me about it. Also, I'm curious as to who will be the cruise leader aboard for your trip. I'd heard that Daniel has been doing it. He was leader when I was first on the Seahorse. I'd follow him anywhere under water.

I am on the Blue Manta trip with ... who?!? It's probably Fu, I think.

We had between 24 and 27 degrees today in three different dive sites. Great diving! One was a superfishy wall that reminded me of Raja Ampat. I should get better about writing down the names.

- Bill

Yes, Foo. He’s a lot of fun. I’ve been on a few liveaboards/trips with him. He has a great sense of humor and keeps things light. Please say hi to @Dan for me as well. :) The boat looks beautiful.

I am enjoying the trip (just started the third day of diving) but there is one BIG negative for me: the saloon is *super* noisy! I just cannot stand it in there when there's more than maybe 10 people. I also hear it in my cabin as we are just off of it. 5:30AM every day - yes, I am a light sleeper.

We had a rough night last night, I was surprised because the boat is so big, but it was rockin' & rollin' pretty hard. I would have hated to do that on (say) the Mermaid.

- Bill

I am enjoying the trip (just started the third day of diving) but there is one BIG negative for me: the saloon is *super* noisy! I just cannot stand it in there when there's more than maybe 10 people. I also hear it in my cabin as we are just off of it. 5:30AM every day - yes, I am a light sleeper.

We had a rough night last night, I was surprised because the boat is so big, but it was rockin' & rollin' pretty hard. I would have hated to do that on (say) the Mermaid.

- Bill

The large space probably echoes a lot. I’m heading on the Mermaid but not too worried about it. Ask Dan about his attempt at Banda in the wooden phinisi! You should start a new thread and give us updates and feedback as the time goes by. :) including temperatures and dive thoughts! Photos would be a bonus!

Back
Top Bottom