Alor October - How many mm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was surprised at the food as I had been to Lembeh the year before and love the food there. The main problem is they had a very heavy vegetarian lean to the menu and that is not my life choice. After a few meals, everything tasted the same and the only way I got through it was to load up on the sweet soy sauce. I needed the calories to dive so it because a matter of force feeding. The biggest disappointment, however, was the total lack of soup at any meal. We were diving in some cold temperatures, followed by long boat rides, and a nice Ramen soup would have been delightful. My dive buddy and I had just spent six days at Crystal Blue in Anilao and the food is fabulous there! What a let down, foodwise, at Alami Alor. The funny thing is that my dive buddy originally is from Korea and loves spicy food. He was greatly disappointed, too, and still complains to me about it.
thanks Laurie for the clarification. Good to know as I'm leaning towards a vegetarian lifestyle so it should suit me fine. I imagine a dry and remote area like Alor cannot be an easy place to source food either, perhaps they are considering the environment and focusing on sourcing locally. For me personally as long as the food is fresh and not everything is fried in tons of oil, I'm quite happy. I can understand how this might not suit everyone though. Food is definitely always a subject of discord.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom