Alor ? Best of Indo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Alor Divers - Eco resort- Alor Archipelago - Indonesia on 2-9 September 2012. Cool sea breeze night with fan was good enough for me to sleep. My guess is June-August are winter months in Australia, So, I was there at the end of Australian’s winter and the beginning of its spring. Alor is pretty close to Australia to get some cool sea breeze over the Indian Ocean.

Raja Ampat is different story. It is closer to the equator. I was in Raja4 Divers in May with no AC & no sea breeze. That was horrible.

Last edited:
Alor Diver - no aircon :eek:

Alami Alor - aircon :)
Once upon a time there were people living without aircon... and guess what that was fine.
No need for aircon in well built bungalows under the trees shade.

I’m gathering my gang to go to Ring of Fire, including Alor, Gunung Api, Manuk, & Banda, sailing from Maumere to Ambon with the best liveaboard operator for the area, White Manta Diving - Home. You can see the following promotional video of the trip here:

This “Ring of Fire” region is also known as the Cocos of Indonesia with schooling of hammerheads, but with additional incredible natural phenomenon to see other than the fish, like active volcano island, schooling of sea snakes in Manuk island as shown by Jonathan Bird of Blue World here:

The detail of trip itinerary can be found here: White Manta Diving - Banda Sea & Ring of fire

The trip date will be from 9 to 19 of September, 2019 (trip code: BMROF1) with KM Blue Manta, White Manta Diving - KM Blue Manta

I have a group of 3 so far. Need 3 more nutty divers who love to dive in Indonesia like you all & me. If anyone is interested, PM me for more detail group rate that I can get you.

Time is of the essence. 3 cabin’s are already booked. I’m reserving another 3 cabins. The sooner you decide, the better chance you get it.

Another buddy just confirmed to join this Ring of Fire trip. So, I get 4 now. Looking for 2 more.

Here is White Manta Diving 2017 trip video of Ring of Fire for your review:

Enjoy it!
Dan

Here is White Manta Diving 2017 trip video of Ring of Fire for your review:

Enjoy it!
Dan

Ohhhhmaiiiiigawwwwddd that looks AMAZING! I knew I wanted to go to the Banda Sea, but now there is suddenly more urgency to do it. :D :daydream::daydream::daydream:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom