Almost a thousand dollars for a light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

i see, that U.S. divers dont like real dive lights how we prefer them in Europe . You prefer small lamps made in plastic or HID tank systems in simple quality.
I dont understand the reason, but it is.
Now i see, in U.S exist products with real high prices, but not in actual technology.
They use still NiMh accumulators (life time approx. 3 years). We use LiMn-accumulators with 2 years warranty time.
I know the problems with the actual rate of exchange ($ to euro) and the doubt with order in overseas.
Our advertisement has a big advantage opposite to U.S. advertisement: we dont exaggerate and adhere to the facts. So you have no risk to order in Germany.
Specially, i can you recommend our LED-CAVE and the PHOTON.Both use the same LED light head with the strongest LED (max. 22W) on the market. We have approx. the double light like a 10W HID bulb, but with an almost indestructible source of light.
More you can see with a visit to our web site: mb-sub.com: Home

Michael

Hmm . . . Interesting website on the mb-sub lights. It would be interesting to see a comparison in brightness (eg. comparison photographs) and focus between that light and the popular HIDs. I don't think anybody would argue that LED lights are more durable, but they just haven't had the focused beam that the HIDs throw.

You can see a light test with beam shots here: Mike´s Tauchseiten
Sorry, but this side is only in german in the moment. The last but one beam shot is of our PHOTON. The PHOTON has the same LED light head like the LED-CAVE.

Michael

I just purchased the Photon Torpedo dive light and am pretty amazed at the amount of light that they are getting out of a single LED. It is not a canister light, but would be great for an OW light or normal backup light.

Michael; your site mentions that the Photon has 2-stage dimming. Is that done with the switch, or do you mean that the light goes full power until the battery level forces a change to the back-up light level?

Btw. at EUR 472 = $720 the Photon still ain't cheap :wink:

Henrik

Hello Henrik,

the second power step can be switched. The reduced power is at first for energy saving: burnig time is now 90 min but with nearly the same light.
For export to US you must subtract the german TVA = 19%, so the price is not 472,00 but 396,60 euro. This is much money too, but you must forget the kind of lamps you normaly use in US. This is another world.
In the moment we are sold out, but i think in 2 weeks we can deliver. If anybody is interested to test this unit and to write here in this forum, we will make a special price for him.

@ H2Obubbles
you are a joker. We speek about real diving lamps, but maybe your eyes are very photo sensitive

Michael

I don't know why I never hear of these here on SB, but I am totally blown away by my new 24 watt HID for 380 bucks on Scubatoys.com.

Yes, you heard me right - 24 Watt HID for less than 400 bucks. Lithium on battery, 120 Min burn time per charge, absolutely the brightest thing underwater. Comes with an amber filter for color correction for video and stills - tested it and really creates true color. Also comes with video diffuser filter.

Sure it doesn't have a cable cannister set up, so you have to hold it lantern-style, but to save a grand as compared to the Dive-Rite 21W for a brighter light? No-brainer. Bulb is more durable than Dive Rite too.

I set mine up with black light filters to take advantage of the high UV output for BioFluorescent night dives - real cool to see corals fluoresce.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom