alloy tank 4500 psi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkito

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm gonna purchase a Luxfer alloy tank described as being a 7L 4500 PSI tank. Is that possible? Never seen it before...
Thanks

Hi,
I'm gonna purchase a Luxfer alloy tank described as being a 7L 4500 PSI tank. Is that possible? Never seen it before...
Thanks

Are you purchasing one of the firefighting/EMS tanks? Honestly don't know if you can use those for SCUBA, anyone?

I don't think so but... It is used as deco/stage bottle.

Luxfer makes a high capacity "hoop wrapped" cylinder for scuba. It is 106 cubic feet and it is full at 4350 psi, you will find it as the "Luxfer Limited." It's the physical size of an S-80 but the hoop wrap adds just a little to the diameter making it 7.45" instead of 7.25" IT's a nice cylinder however you might be better off with an equivalent size steel cylinder that is full at 3442 psi.

Using any of the SCBA lightweight fire-pack cylinders is not a good idea as they are : 1 too bouyant 2 no valve for scuba for them 3 not designed to be immersed in water. 4 have a 15 year service life.

Cheers

Thanks ;-)
Indeed, it's 4350 psi. I've made a wrong conversion from bar (300) to psi.
I've sent you some photos of the cylinder.

Are you sure any dive shops around you can even fill a tank to that pressure?

So what has you wanting this tank? Great price? Total weight, buoyancy, what?

It seems like an HP 100 such as the E7-100 or X7-100 would be a very close alternative for less money and longer life.

Luxfer makes a high capacity "hoop wrapped" cylinder for scuba. It is 106 cubic feet and it is full at 4350 psi, you will find it as the "Luxfer Limited." It's the physical size of an S-80 but the hoop wrap adds just a little to the diameter making it 7.45" instead of 7.25" IT's a nice cylinder however you might be better off with an equivalent size steel cylinder that is full at 3442 psi.

Using any of the SCBA lightweight fire-pack cylinders is not a good idea as they are : 1 too bouyant 2 no valve for scuba for them 3 not designed to be immersed in water. 4 have a 15 year service life.

Cheers

Actually, one of these was just in our shop yesterday. It had a DIN 300 Bar valve in it. We filled it to 3700 as that's what our compressor shuts off at .

it was a cool tank, and full of air weighed like 19lbs. But it's pricey.

--Edit, I forgot to mention, for what this tank cost this guy ($750+) he could have had a brand new full set of doubles with all the fixin's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom