Alligator and Secret Garden Islamorada 9/21/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0307.JPG IMG_0308.JPG IMG_0309.JPG IMG_0310.JPG IMG_0311.JPG IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0313.JPG IMG_0314.JPG Another great day topside viz at Alligator 20/25 feet, Secret garden 30/50 feet
Water temp 85/86 no current, reef shark eagle ray and surface dolphin were the highlights
Dove with Tim(tmg) he will probably add his pictures later
Again camera issues, housing totally fogged even with new desiccant smh

Extra nice lizard fish shots. Nice close-up of the yellow-head jawfish. I like how the hermit crab seems to be peaking from under its shell (and it probably is).

Never been down to Alligator reef; is it that shallow, or did you just dive it that way?

Richard.

Extra nice lizard fish shots. Nice close-up of the yellow-head jawfish. I like how the hermit crab seems to be peaking from under its shell (and it probably is).

Never been down to Alligator reef; is it that shallow, or did you just dive it that way?

Richard.
No it is shallow, no deeper than 25 feet

Very nice shots despite the fog. Cool shot of the filefish.

What is your usual procedure for putting your camera and desiccant in the housing?

Very nice shots despite the fog. Cool shot of the filefish.

What is your usual procedure for putting your camera and desiccant in the housing?
We do it at home afte we grease the oring. Never had an issue but the dsy before i didnt notice that the desicant was caught in the latch, i think the housing might of still been a lil wet the next day

Sounds probably, the one time I fogged my housing was because I'd used the camera without the housing to snorkel the day before and thought it was dry, but there was still water under the lens ring that detaches. So of course in the housing it went with all that moisture and the desiccant couldn't keep up.

thanks for sharing the photos...impressive as always...keep them coming..

Sounds probably, the one time I fogged my housing was because I'd used the camera without the housing to snorkel the day before and thought it was dry, but there was still water under the lens ring that detaches. So of course in the housing it went with all that moisture and the desiccant couldn't keep up.
I think that might of been it

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom