Allen Wrench for OMS Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know the model number, but does anyone know what size allen wrench I need to remove the screw in yoke adapter from an OMS valve? Mine are all just a little too small or a little too big and I don't want to screw up the valve.

It is a 200 bar DIN valve with one of those screw in yoke adapters like the one pictured at the top of the page below...

Thanks in advance!

OMS DIN/Yoke Valve

Not sure which one is OMS, but they all work in all of the 200 bar din/convertible yokes that I own. One set takes a 6mm allen wrench, while the other takes an 8mm allen wrench (which is nearly identical to 5/16"). I just love the versatility of these valves!

Thanks, NetDoc...I will run down to the hardware store and get a set that has both...I was using my mountain bike tools and was afraid to put much elbow grease into it because the fit was lousy....and I know you are URT, so I will go out and get a tool set...:D

Craftsman or better, right?? hehe..

I got my wrench from a local auto parts store in the "brake tools" section. It was a very short, stubby wrench that didn't take up much room (all the “normal” wrenches that size that I found elsewhere were fairly large/long).

Just bring the doughnut in with you and try the wrenches on for size.

Roak

of all the unpopular sizes... So now I buy those sets that flip out like a pocket knife. I always have the size I need (both Metric and Imperial) and the two sets are just so easy to find. As for make... most are made from a high carbon steel... I stay away from the chromed ones.

Thanks NetDoc and Roak...

I had a 6mm lying around and it came off fine...just didn't realize how much torque it would take to break that inner o-ring seal with...

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom