Allegro question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Before anyone reminds me, I have already tried a search on this subject, and all of the info I see is outdated, so want to see if anyone's been there (Allegro) lately? Does anyone know the name of the current dve op at the Allegro? Or do you know if most dive ops will pick up at their pier? Thanks, everyone, I'm kinda outdated, myself...:D Hoping to get to Coz before summer's over. Funjet is running a very good special to the Allegro and Hotel Cozumel from Dallas, if anyone's shopping for an AI dive trip for July/Aug., btw. We've stayed at HCoz before (very good stay, nice budget vacation spot.) But might try the Allegro this time if we get to go. I know it's far south but we've stayed at Fiesta Americana before and it was just fine to be that far. Spend a bit more time relaxing at the resort that way, which is not entirely a bad thing. But we still went into town for dinner every night. :D

Thanks for any help you can give me!

I'm pretty sure it's Pro Dive now.

It was Pro Dive as of three weeks ago, had a very bad experience with them in November of last year.... hung over dive guides, multiple standards violations (including diving a 10 year old to 70fsw), professionalism problems and scheduling problems.... Allegro will allow any other operator to land at the dock, and the activites desk even recommends the outfit at the Occidental Resort next door (Allegro is owned by Occidental). Great resort, very family friendly (we took our seven year old), food is good and lots of it.... tip the barman at the pool and your drink will never go empty.... have a great trip....

The Dive company @ Occidental Grand is Dive Palancar -www.divepalancar.com and I would throw in another "Thumbs Up" for them - dove with them in Febuary and October last year and plan on diving with them again in December this year... GREAT experience and wonderful Divemasters

Tipping the barman will definitly help you in NOT seeing the bottom of you glass

...and yes, other dive ops will pick you up there.

I've not stayed at Allegro, but on a whim we toured it a couple trips back while we were staying up the road at Wyndham. We were thinking of trying Allegro out on the next trip, but we wanted to see a room and the facilities first. All I can say is, beware of the time share people! They'll tell you it's not a time share, but it is. If you're taking out a loan with a bank to buy time in a hotel room every now and then, it's a time share, so I with they wouldn't have tried to say otherwise. :no:

I for one would never owe money to a bank for the right to stay at a hotel, where if a hurricane takes out the place, I'll still have to make payments to the bank. Reminds me of those gym memberships where you owe a bank money but the gym goes out of business, only to open under new management that doesn't honor your already paid for membership, and you still owe the money to the bank.

All we wanted to do was spend 10 minutes taking a look at the place, and it turned into 2 hours of high pressure sales pitch.

Other than that, it looked like a very beautiful property, and it was definitely better kept than Wyndham. Not that Wyndham/Now called Sabor is a dump by any stretch.

The Grand had TS people. They were pretty covert an unobtrusive. We went through it the first time there. Lemme just say, the presentation is well crafted and effective. You gotta kinda figure they are good at hooking people or they wouldn't do it. Second time at the Grand, they didn't even try with us, but the point man remembered me and we chatting off and on through that visit.

Reactions: Jax
was there in may; it is pro dive; did not dive with them - dove with jeremy anschel of living underwater; small #'s; super friendly; all computer dives maximizing dive time; great beach club location for surface interval; picks you up, on time, at allegro dock; fun place; good food; way south so consider a jeep; we had one and it was invaluable'; going back in oct but staying at favc

We make at least one trip every year to Allegro. Have used Pro Dive on occasion and other dive ops for serious diving that will pick you up on the pier. Allegro for divers is like wearing a favorite pair of jeans; worn out in all the right places so that its comfortable. Food is good, bars are good. They have a waterpark there now that kids under 10 will love. Gym on premise. Great place to stay for a diver with a non diving spouse. Beautiful beaches and because best dive spots are a 10 min boat ride, there and back in a flash....hmmmm, now I need to check airfares again because I'm feeling the urge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom