Allegro Cozumel Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hover-Stop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So I found what looks like it could be a decent deal at the Allegro, all inclusive. In the hotel description it says "all non-motorized watersports" are included. I saw a picture of a little dive shack and a pier with a few boats.

I was wondering what kind of diving and how good it is if it's included with the hotel reservation. Do they allow shore diving on your own with their tanks (we'll be bringing our own equipment)? Its a few hundred more for the airfare package that I've found for places like Casa Mexicana, but if that includes food/drink/diving it would be cheaper to go that route than to stay at CM.

But, since this is my first time to go go Coz, I don't want to be shafted by a sub par dive operation and would rather pay a "little" more for better diving. Thanks in advance!!

Diving is not included. The hotel and dive shop are two separate entities. The dive shop just pays a concession to be onsite and is Dive Palancar. They are your typical resort operation catering to newer divers and infrequent divers. However, you can choose any dive operation you'd like as 99% of them will pick you up at the pier there. An onsite shop doesn't obligate you to dive with them.

Back
Top Bottom