Alleged illegal tanks sold by Add Helium-Heads up to any that may have purchased

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
St John the DIver, clearly you don't like Peter and most likely are friends with the accuser.

Wrong... I don't know either of them. I'm just offended when people sell equipment to potential terrorists to make a buck. And you should be too.

I think that his criminal background makes it clear that to him human life can be secondary to profit. And that offends me too. That's evidenced not only by selling our enemies rebreathers (if the allegation is true) but also selling oxygen cylinders made in China and sold with fake CE certificates (not really subject to much debate).

If his partner is dirty I'm just as offended by that. But it seems that he did the right thing when he saw a bad deal going down: He called the Feds.

I don't really care who is who. The entire thing is bad.

St John the DIver, clearly you don't like Peter and most likely are friends with the accuser. You were quick to crucify him before the FACTs are complete...???? An investigation is not mean someone is guilty; anyone can start one. Help me understand why the accuser just didn't report him? But stole all his working capital to take him down? This doesn't seem like a do-gooder; seems like a planned agenda? If this investigation is real and goes anywhere; your friend will be on the block as well as a witness. His creditability is in question with his own previous theft before this one and possible Stolen Valor charges. At a minimum his lies about his service don't look good.. The Special Ops community is as small as the diving community and they are hard at work taking down posers.. They are looking hard as we speak.

Why aren't you just as suspect of the accuser any of you??? This reminds me so much of the election.. If its what you want to hear; it must be TRUE.. No fact checking.. If you push it and say it enough it will be TRUE..
why the assumption that if one is "good" the other isn't? Seems possible that both are either. Birds of a feather flock together. Hard to believe that until one partner got upset regards spending that he wasn't aware and who knows..maybe complicit with the very stuff (tanks, shipping restricted goods)he is now accusing he other partner of. Doesn't mean that Sotis however is in the right.(and I would be very surprised if the allegations are false in whole cloth)

why the assumption that if one is "good" the other isn't? Seems possible that both are either. Birds of a feather flock together. Hard to believe that until one partner got upset regards spending that he wasn't aware and who knows..maybe complicit with the very stuff (tanks, shipping restricted goods)he is now accusing he other partner of. Doesn't mean that Sotis however is in the right.(and I would be very surprised if the allegations are false in whole cloth)
I am sorry but you and St John are the Birds of a feather.. Just go back and reread your posts; in your minds its a done deal.. I hope nothing happens to you that looks bad but not all the facts are in.. I wonder if people would treat you the same!! You guys enjoy!

In regards to stolen valor:

Rick, well said. My 23 years of military service? Paperwork mostly. A little oorah, oorah, but nothing too extreme. Just enough to know I dislike dead goats on the side of the road with a passion. Yet I am proud of what I did as a part of that team, even though we were in a place I did not think we should be. My service isn't lessened because I don't have an SF flash or bone frog tattoo, I did a lot of things those guys did not have the time or the training to do, to allow them proactively address threats in the AOR. The exact same thing can and should be said by ANY military member with pride, in self acknowledgement and self recognition of their contribution, no matter how far removed from the pointy end. There are no small jobs in the military.
Someone who demands recognition of their worth for what they didn't do? F***ing FOBBIT. If you, or anyone I meet wants to see my dd214's (quadruple threat if you count HM2 assigned FMF w/ 3/5 STA then FAST plankholder), just ask. Only think I'll redact is my social.

In response to CERich,

Rick, Take the time to PM him, trust me, he is an entirely different cat than St John. First off, he stands by what he says. You know his name. He restricts his comments to personal experience, not hearsay (wonder if St John 's knowledge is hearsay? Hmmmm). I spoke to him yesterday and came away from the conversation respecting the man. Not necessarily agreeing, but respecting.

Last edited:
Does this apply to ALL CCRs or just US made CCR.. I wasn't aware that the US had jurisdiction of sales over technologies that are not US made. I was under the impression that ITAR governed US technologies sold by US vendors?
if a product is in the United States, regardless of where it was made the ITAR applies.

I am sorry but you and St John are the Birds of a feather.. Just go back and reread your posts; in your minds its a done deal.. I hope nothing happens to you that looks bad but not all the facts are in.. I wonder if people would treat you the same!! You guys enjoy!
What's a "done deal" in my mind is the tank issue. That is really beyond debate. regardless of any attempt to justify importing and selling tanks into the US market where they do not meet regulatory standards is wrong. It also shows a wanton regard for the health and lives of all that fill them, in particular the Chinese made cylinders.

That is why this thread started.

Now to the rest, frankly I don't care if Sotis was using funds from his company in a manner is partner disagreed with. That is between them>

Now, to the issue of the allegations of the selling of CCR's overseas without having the correct permits..I'd bet solid money that there are a BUNCH of people in our industry in that position. It doesn't make it right however and hopefully this thread and the publicity will make some start to reconsider their overseas sales in the context of the applicable laws. If the allegations against Sotis are proven correct, I hope he enjoys a very long time behind bars. In fact I hope they throw him in a cell with a veteran.

To the allegations you have made regarding the minority partner...if you are correct, yup he sounds like a scumbag. If your allegations are proven correct I hope he gets famous for his stolen valor and whatever legal (civil and criminal) that are appropriate.

You seem to be getting upset at us because you are a friend of Sotis's, I admire your loyalty if not your clarity.

What's a done deal is that a person who conspired with a paroled MURDERER to commit ARMED ROBBERY has at the very least been selling uncertified Chinese built high pressure cylinders using weasel words and a fake CE certificate.

None of that is "alleged". It's just the way it is. I've no problem pointing it out. Want to challenge those facts? Knock yourself out.

Whatever else is true, or not, that's plenty in itself. Don't shoot the messenger.

Trust him? If you do you're a fool.

His partner is likely a dirtbag too. Birds of a feather do flock together. I'm taking nobodies side in this one. I'll just be glad when someone else comes into the area to replace the vacuum left when they close the doors. I like Amigos but it's a heck of a drive from here when I need things.

Here's a little vision of how vendors who couldn't be bullied on TDS and RBW feel about AH. There are many more similar stories about what could charitably be called extortion to advertise on the forums or be selectively moderated and allowed to be harassed. Sotis controlled the media, and tried to use it to control the message. Anyone with a brain has figured that out.

https://m.facebook.com/EDGEHOGDIVE/posts/637964569565373

Last edited:
What's a done deal is that a person who conspired with a paroled MURDERER to commit ARMED ROBBERY has at the very least been selling uncertified Chinese built high pressure cylinders using weasel words and a fake CE certificate.

None of that is "alleged". It's just the way it is. I've no problem pointing it out. Want to challenge those facts? Knock yourself out.

Whatever else is true, or not, that's plenty in itself.

Trust him? If you do you're a fool.

His partner is likely a dirtbag too. Birds of a feather do flock together. I'm taking nobodies side in this one. I'll just be glad when someone else comes into the area to replace the vacuum left when they close the doors. I like Amigos but it's a heck of a drive from here when I need things.
Dude, you are getting a bit repetitive here. We heard you the first 10 times or so. Repeating something doesn't make it any more true or untrue. Most everybody is in a wait and see mode, and you are just beginning to sound bugf**k nuts.
To paraphrase Bill Murray from Stripes,
"Settle down Francis."
Still think you are S. Robotka BTW, even if you did try to throw us off with the "his partner is likely a dirtbag too". How about a like from everyone who agrees with me? If I'm wrong, I will humbly buy you a beer the next time I am in Ft Lauderdale (hopefully soon), and hear you out in person, so long as you hear me out too. All you have to do is identify yourself.
So, how reasonable is that? I buy the beer, hear you out, validate you as a human being; all you have to do is say your name.
Or, you can continue to spout the same 2 or 3 allegations, mis-label them as "facts" and even further marginalize yourself.
With all due respect:
Man up, or shut up

Dude: you don't have the standing to challenge me, and I doubt you're doing the diving I do so it's unlikely I'll find you on the boat.

I don't drink.

But you're right. Sotis doesn't need my help to crash and burn. He's got that all down by himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom