Alleged censorship on ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a person with a long rap sheet for multiple crimes over a number of years commits a burglary and is sentenced to 20 years in prison under the state's habitual criminal law, would it be fair to say that he got a 20 year sentence for burglary?

It would be the truth, but not the whole truth.

If a person with a long rap sheet for multiple crimes over a number of years commits a burglary and is sentenced to 20 years in prison under the state's habitual criminal law, would it be fair to say that he got a 20 year sentence for burglary?

I think the hubris that it takes to make such a comparison as this, to my posting behavior on SB, puts you in my cross hairs as a person I no longer have respect for....

because he used an analogy that said that you have history as a rule breaker/offender?

I guess I have never really understood the whole "stroke" thing. Why on earth would anyone really care that someone called them a stroke or any other name for that matter. Maybe my parents were different from most parents. I don't know. When I was growing up my folks taught me the "sticks and stone" rhyme and it stuck with me. I just don't get someone getting mad because they have been called a name. Maybe kids aren't taught about sticks and stones anymore.

...//... Bottom line is no mater what your intent is, the society has overridden your intent with its predominate use of the same word. So your definition doesnt count so long as the rest associate the word with other meanings.

But it does count. It counts to Dan and he is more than willing to share his personal take on the word. Dan is a complex individual. You may want to ask him about his past interests, helps define him. I see him as a DIR addict that has a mind of his own. Most interesting to watch other practitioners "adjust" or help "interpret" his writings.

And to those that don't know me, I'm DIR friendly, no more. Lots of good ideas and helpful people, I just can't buy the whole package. Dead on the starting blocks. If you don't spend significant resources formally teaching trim and buoyancy as 'Job One', then I can only believe that GUE is culling for the top 10% of 'low maintenance' natural divers and funding same with the wannabees. Doesn't bother me at all, just another choice of agencies...

because he used an analogy that said that you have history as a rule breaker/offender?

So your short term memory does not pull up this part of his comment : "long rap sheet for multiple crimes over a number of years commits a burglary and is sentenced to 20 years in prison "?
There was never a score card of point assessment of infractions that I knew of prior to the Chatterton thread....the sole area where some of my posts were bad behavors, was in the Chatterton posts, and I still stand by my posts being the high moral ground, so there was merit to each one. Since the chaterton posts, I have tried to tow the line.....there is no awareness or acknowledgment of this. I don't know what John's agenda is.....if he is feeling like I made references to moderators as brownshirts, and he took that as directed at him( which it was not, it was aimed at maybe 2 moderators out of all of them)...but if that was his issue, he should have asked me who I was aiming these comments at....
And the who is tough--moderators don't necessarily tell you who is pulling or banning what. But I had not considered John part of the problem before....if he can't see beyond such a tiny vision as this last post suggests, then I will need to completely re-evaluate who I had thought he was as a person.

I had a really nice long post written out, but Tapatalk fc'd and I lost it so let me summarize.

You got called out for doing something that was against the tos.

You think that some moderators/staff have it out for you.

I see two options, where you see one. First option is not violate the tos . Second is to leave.
I believe you feel the only option is to raise a **** storm and make a huge deal out of you getting your dick slapped, all in the name of trying to do the right thing for the greater good.

I had a really nice long post written out, but Tapatalk fc'd and I lost it so let me summarize.

You got called out for doing something that was against the tos.

You think that some moderators/staff have it out for you.

I see two options, where you see one. First option is not violate the tos . Second is to leave.
I believe you feel the only option is to raise a **** storm and make a huge deal out of you getting your dick slapped, all in the name of trying to do the right thing for the greater good.

I would not have worded it like you did, but you are not that far off :)
I have gotten to the point that I have absolute and complete disdain for whichever moderators are responsible for banning me from the basic forum, and I am not sure where I want to lump Boulderjohn in to this mix at the moment.....

While I like many of the discussions on SB, and many of the members....... as you are fond of telling me....... I can leave...If I do, won't have to worry about having people that I do not respect , being in charge of whether I can post this or that.

So my leaving seems to be what the moderators want, as well as you and a few others...and you may just get what you want...... :)

ok, PiFi ;-)

Why not behave and in 6 months say hey look, let me back in. I promise to behave within the ToS. . .

Hey - Moderators is there a way we, as users can see how many naughty points we each have?

...//... So my leaving seems to be what the moderators want, as well as you and a few others...and you may just get what you want...... :)

I love this, it seems to me that a lot of people see you as the monolithic voice of DIR/GUE. Is JJ good with this assessment?

Or am I totally wrong, and everybody clearly sees past the red flag and just wants you gone as an irritating individual? So very funny.

Mob censorship is alive and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom