Alleged censorship on ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this, it seems to me that a lot of people see you as the monolithic voice of DIR/GUE. Is JJ good with this assessment?

Or am I totally wrong, and everybody clearly sees past the red flag and just wants you gone as an irritating individual? So very funny.

Mob censorship is alive and well.
I am not a voice of GUE.....I am a voice of DIR.

ok, PiFi ;-)

Why not behave and in 6 months say hey look, let me back in. I promise to behave within the ToS. . .

Hey - Moderators is there a way we, as users can see how many naughty points we each have?

How high can you count?

ok, PiFi ;-)

Why not behave and in 6 months say hey look, let me back in. I promise to behave within the ToS. . .

Hey - Moderators is there a way we, as users can see how many naughty points we each have?

You and a majority of the members should request that each gets a visible points system, so that they know when they are on the verge of being terminated in a forum.
You should also request to know which moderators applied the points to you, and why for each one.

If I had done something wrong, I would sit out, behave, come back later and try hard to be within the TOS.
I was not wrong to use the Stroke Word the way I used it...at worst they should have removed the word and told me why.....

I have ZERO interest in working with the moderator(s) that are part of this issue.

LOL. I don't want you banned Dan. Its fun watching you revise history and wicing because someone hurt your feelings. XXOO

You and a majority of the members should request that each gets a visible points system, so that they know when they are on the verge of being terminated in a forum.
You should also request to know which moderators applied the points to you, and why for each one.

Although this would be nice information to have, and could lay the groundwork for a complaint of bias such as yours, it seems a bit much to ask from volunteers. IF Pete were to require a ton of paperwork and start micromanaging the mods I am afraid there would soon be too few mods to handle this place and anarchy would ensue.

For me, if I know I am in the wrong I will just take my punishment. If I know I am in the right and would do the same thing all over again in the same situation, I dont care if others dont agree with me and if given a punishment that didnt really have any effect on my life or livelihood, I suspect i would lodge a complaint with Pete and then let it go. But then, I am not trying to be the "voice" of anything other than, maybe, reason.

If I had done something wrong, I would sit out, behave, come back later and try hard to be within the TOS.
I was not wrong to use the Stroke Word the way I used it...at worst they should have removed the word and told me why.....

I have ZERO interest in working with the moderator(s) that are part of this issue.

I have gotten used to when I misbehave I have my posts deleted. each time they delete one I know why, before it gets deleted that it will be deleted.

I agree a visible point system would be cool, but i have a feeling some miscreants would abuse it, just like the thanks button.

FYI - the whole stroke thing I think is stupid. I think the term gets used in a way a certain N word is used. as both friendly and hostile. (yeah it is a bit of a stretch, but it is all I got)

---------- Post added August 10th, 2013 at 04:40 PM ----------

FYI - as far as I know, it is common place for a user to receive a PM if the post is a singular post. if there are a bunch of posts in one thread usually they post in the thread with an announcement.

Back when I had an assigned mod to just me I sometimes got a PM, sometimes I didn't.

As some may have noticed, I love arguing for the sake of arguing. That said, even I cannot imagine how bored some here must be for this banal little tiff to still be going on.

I am a little disappointed that this is all over a word that has no pejorative meaning outside of an obscure message board, the majority of divers use the word to indicate a TIA or a method of swimming.

it is doable,but I dont know if its doable on the software this forum runs on .
I'm a super moderator on one of the largest computer enthusiast forums on the net....our system keeps track of your infractions in your user CP.they are visible only to you.....it will also auto ban you for 7 days if you get 3 points within 30 days.

we have specific points for specific violations that the mods can chose from when giving an infraction..supers and admins can assign a points value from 1 to 3 and/or create a custom infraction to generate an immediate ban...either temp or permanent...
It works quite well and trouble makers are not usually around for very long...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom