All you Brits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonathan,
I was referring to what you said in a previous post.

"The real reason behind drinking what the rest of the world called beer cold is so you can't taste it!"

Lucas Electrics makes the electrical systems for MG, Jaguar, and other British autos and is famous/infamous for not being reliable.

Anyway... I will tip a Newcastle (cold) for the Queen.

Cheers,
Bill

By the expression on Her Majesty's face, I would guess she is not planning to use the same PR firm to plan her 75th Jubilee. Just saw the replay on VH1. Such splendor! That party topped anything I have ever seen. I loved seeing the jubilant citizens in their union jack raiment & cute crowns. When I saw the princes, I thought back to the morning that Americans awoke very early to catch their parents' wedding (And how that changed the wedding industry in the US for the next decade. That a soybean farmer's daughter wanted the "Di" look at her shin-dig explains why so many American farms were foreclosed on during the '80's. Well, there were other reasons, too.) I hope the Queen appreciates you all for your unwavering love & loyalty. :royal:

Having a go at the Swedes now? I believe Lucas Electrics is now owned by a Swedish company - Sab Wabco I believe!

I guess that's what LEC stands for - never really knew that so thanks!

Still we do make some of the worlds best beer, and some of the worst - a good example of the latter being Newcastle! Haven't seen it in the UK for some time so I guess we export it now......

Jonathan

Oh no, I'am Swedish, well great grandpa was anyway.

I had a 79 MGB. Spent a lot of time along side the road holding jumper cables in that fun little car.

I lived in Bedfordshire for a couple of years in the mid 80"s. I like Newcastle! My favorite was the Whitebread ale though. Never turned down a Guiness, especially on tap. H@!#, I guess I have never turned down any beer that was offered. :D Played rugby with the club in Ampthill were the focus was on quantity over quality. There the beer was consumed by the yard. Oh, to be young again...

Hope to go back sometime,
Bill

Back
Top Bottom