For Sale ALL SOLD: A few lightweight s/s Freedom Plates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a few left over lightweight stainless steel Freedom Contour Plates available if anybody is interested.
I had a customer who requested a lightweight stainless version of the plate, so I experimented with 14 GA and 16 GA stainless steel and made a few “light” travel plates. I had to buy a rem of each thickness and decided to use up the material.
Here’s what I have:

Plate #439
SOLD

Plate #442
SOLD

Plate #444
SOLD

Plate #443
SOLD

These plates are brushed finish not polished. They are being sold plain with no rail or tank adapter assembly. These are designed to be used specifically with the VDH wings or the Oxycheq Mach V wings. Both of those brands have the ideal slot placement plus they utilize roll control logs or cushions and hold the tank away from the plate in the perfect position so no rail assembly is needed. I decided to use the roll control system instead of trying to find ways of working around it. It also saves complexity and weight for travel. Other wings may work too but I don’t know which ones. If they are similar to either of the two aforementioned wings then they may work, but they would need to have a heafty roll control system similar to the VDH and Oxy wings and the slots would need to line up.
The cam straps have to go through the plate on this model and the wing will get sandwiched in between tank and plate.
These are not quite as light as the aluminum plates, but for those that wish to have a little bit of integrated weight these would be nice.

If interested please email me at:
ericsedletzky at yahoo dot com
I take PayPal.

Thanks guys :)

So why can't i send you a PM?

Yes. PM being written....

It didn't work. :(

I'm interested in the small, female 5'4".
Have a Hollis 25# wing, will it fit with your plate?
Thanks

Can't seem to send you PM's Eric. I want one of the lighter ones! I sent you an email. I'll complain about PM's being broken in another thread.

This is what I said in my PM, long ago......

I'm 5 ft 5in, so if I need a Small I'll take that one. Otherwise, any of the mediums, the heavier one preferred.
PayPal is fine.
Thanks!

Since the lady in Post #6 also wants a small, ignore my request and I'll take a Medium, the heavier one.

Thanks.

Tursiops, thanks, but you've got first dibs.
Besides, I'm not even sure my wing will fit so I'm on the fence here.

Ok, forget about the PM feature here.
Email me at:
ericsedletzky at yahoo dot com

Please give me your SB screen name too so I know who you are.
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom