All must go!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree. 1/2 alcohol 1/2 peroxide after every dive. And see a doctor to get drops if you get infected.

Sorry to hear you had such a rough beginning.

What size is the 3mm wetsuit? (need a new one for the aquarium)

Mike

I swear by the 1/2 alcohol and 1/2 vinegar, have had zero ear infections since and I had them (ear infections )all my life especially after taking up scuba. 5 min. each ear after each dive......
No Worries....

Keep diving Redrocker. I live in Toronto, Canada and dive every weekend. Once you get the bug, its infectious. I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with a shop. That can happen unfortunately, especially in fringe sports such as scuba. You've come across an amazing site with thousands of people that are just itching to help a fellow diver. There is a wealth of knowledge for you to explore here. My dad had issues with his ears diving and almost quit but we kept trying new techniques and now he's fine. Just stick with it. You're better off having your own gear. You'll always be comfortable and know its safe. My 2cents.

Also from Toronto but have a personal annecdote for you. As a child I had 'tubes' in my ears and through readings I am convinced that this has left micro-perforations in my ear drums.

I blew an ear drum without trying too hard in a 10 foot pool during o/w courses (was blowing bubbles out of my ear, freaked the instructor out - picture a student giving you the 'something is not okay' sign, pointing to ear then a staring at trail of bubbles... priceless expressions aren`t hidden by a scuba mask). After a 4 week hiatus, went to Portobello, Panama to do the checkout dives and had no issues. I got great advice from the instructor down there which I apply to this day (mainly starting to equalize on land, different techniques, regarding frequency of eq and how to address when it isn`t working).

Was just in Coz at beginning of 2011, did a bunch of diving including one special day where I swear I was breathing from a tank more than the open air and was able to do AOW with no real issues. Just did Rescue two weekends ago, and recently purchased a drysuit... I am hooked!

Have not tried the alcohol/peroxide/vinegar solutions but may have to give it a whirl.

Being from the Great White North we play on snowmobiles as well, and dirtbikes... we have fun on terra firma but there is nothing quite like diving... give it another chance before kissing a few hundred hard earned bucks goodbye - furthermore, the value will not drop any more if you say 2 dives vs. 1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom