All must go!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redrocker

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I joined this site basically because I am selling all of my gear and I know that someone here will make good use of it. First, here is my story... because I'm sure you want to know why I'm selling. I signed up to get certified at a local scuba shop. My first day of instruction covered a little on diving, the diving table, diving trips and then mostly on a huge equipment sale that coming weekend.
Well, guess what... I bought it all! Well, my experience was not good. I could not equalize properly but kept diving anyway and I ended up with two severe ear infections for 8 weeks. I lost interest and now I'm stuck with all this gear that I only used to get certified:

MK11 Regulator System R395 $324.00 OBO
Scubapro R295 Octopus, Yellow $109.00 OBO
UWATEC In-line 3 gauge Console $120.00 OBO
Nighthawk BCD (Size Large) $449.00 OBO
Down 130 Wetsuit 3mm $99.00 OBO
Down 130 Mens Boots (size 11/12) $55.00 OBO
Scubapro Twin Jet Max Fins (Black) $139.00 OBO

NEVER SEEN SALT WATER!

I am not charging a shipping fee as long as it is shipped within the US.

If you would like any other pictures I will be glad to send them or post them. And if you would like to discuss any item by phone please call me. Home (814)-255-1728 or Cell 814-619-8619.

Mike

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I joined this site basically because I am selling all of my gear and I know that someone here will make good use of it. First, here is my story... because I'm sure you want to know why I'm selling. I signed up to get certified at a local scuba shop. My first day of instruction covered a little on diving, the diving table, diving trips and then mostly on a huge equipment sale that coming weekend.
Well, guess what... I bought it all! Well, my experience was not good. I could not equalize properly but kept diving anyway and I ended up with two severe ear infections for 8 weeks. I lost interest and now I'm stuck with all this gear that I only used to get certified:

MK11 Regulator System R395 $324.00 OBO
Scubapro R295 Octopus, Yellow $109.00 OBO
UWATEC In-line 3 gauge Console $120.00 OBO
Nighthawk BCD (Size Large) $449.00 OBO
Down 130 Wetsuit 3mm $99.00 OBO
Down 130 Mens Boots (size 11/12) $55.00 OBO
Scubapro Twin Jet Max Fins (Black) $139.00 OBO

NEVER SEEN SALT WATER!

I am not charging a shipping fee as long as it is shipped within the US.

If you would like any other pictures I will be glad to send them or post them. And if you would like to discuss any item by phone please call me. Home (814)-255-1728 or Cell 814-619-8619.

Mike

What size are the Scubapro twin jets?

Sorry you had such a bad experience. Not all shops and instructors are like that. This is the stuff that pisses me off and gives good shops and instructors a black eye.

Warning: Off Topic

Redrocker, you wanted to learn to dive enough to not only sign up for classes, but to buy all the gear as well. I would suggest you hold on to it all for just a short time. Let the infections clear. Give it some thought before giving up. I know you found us here as a way to sell your gear, but now that you are here on ScubaBoard, there is a wealth of information here for you to browse through, good people and even perhaps some recommendation for GOOD instructor that will get you trained and excited about diving. You will find many stories here of poor starts into diving and many happy endings.

I thank you for your words of encouragement but since I live in the northern region of the states, I would be better off buying a snowmobile. I did get certified, so I can still scuba on vacation. Right after this happened I went to Cabo and could hardly even snorkel. I did recover though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom