All in one gear maintenance tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fixitall 9000
21867F78-6389-4354-82CF-921A04643AF6.jpeg

If you go for a thin adjustable wrench, you might consider one Knipex pliers wrench, though they run $50. They are self-locking, so your force at turning is what is clamping them around the nut, times ten. As the image suggests, the top adjustable wrench is at least twice as heavy and is less useful.

I had come to loathe the fixed wrenches in my multitools. Also hose nuts seem inconsistent in size, so even good fixed wrenches seem less useful.

One of a kind Knipex Pliers Wrench, the only professional adjustable wrench

View attachment 633898

I replaced all of the open enders in my dive travel tool kit with two of the small Knipex pliers. It cut the weight of my tool kit without sacrificing functionality.

I replaced all of the open enders in my dive travel tool kit with two of the small Knipex pliers. It cut the weight of my tool kit without sacrificing functionality.
Did you get the 6in?

Did you get the 6in?
I carry two 5" ones in my save a dive, but I own multiple sizes in my shop. My favorites (not for scuba work) are the Cobra pliers - they are fantastic for general plier use.

I carry two 5" ones in my save a dive, but I own multiple sizes in my shop. My favorites (not for scuba work) are the Cobra pliers - they are fantastic for general plier use.
Thanks, going to give them a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom