All in one gear maintenance tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I leave all the important maintenance to professionals (I don't feel confident enough to perform regs check myself). But sometimes there is "easy" maintenance to be done on the spot by the divers themselves, let me say like tightening a nut on a reg or similar. What sort of tools are useful?

I have found this all in one tools on the aliexpress
US $8.14 24% di SCONTO|13 In 1 calda Scuba Diving O Ring Pick Cacciavite Multi Strumento Chiave Per La Riparazione di Regolazione Diver Diving Regolatori strumenti|Piscina e accessori| - AliExpress

There are 3 versions which one would you suggest?
Thanks

Grab all three they all have some uses and the other one put them on your keys so as not to misplace them

Going by the looks of some of the regulators I've seen over the years I believe the primary tools for DIY service are a pipe wrench, vice grips, a small flat head screwdriver, and a hammer.

I have one of the tools you're talking about and personally I found the wrenches to be too thin and the opening oversized. They didn't seem to have enough bearing surface to feel steady when any type of torque was applied. On the plus side I managed to stab my self a couple times with the fancy o-ring spike. Like my wife always says...It's not a project until there's blood (mine).

Honestly a quality adjustable wrench, a brass or plastic o-ring pick, and an allen wrench that fits your port plugs will cover 99% of what you want to do.

A hammer is always good for fixing things though.

Have fun.

I am watching some videos by Alec Peirce

He shows how to replace the tank o-ring WITHOUT any pick

The he shows how to replace a hose o-ring. He recommends to use only a brass o-ring pick, only BRASS. Picks of any other material can potentially scratch the metal (this is what he says)

In the same video he uses an o-ring installer (minute 10 of the video)

Grab all three they all have some uses and the other one put them on your keys so as not to misplace them

Black and blue are actually the same, but the pictures are specular. The only difference besides the colour is the shape of the frame.

My all in one maintenance tool.

Attachments

• image_14165.jpg
    image_14165.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 88
Yes I am aware these tools are not really good

A couple open enders, a brass pick, an Allens set, is what you need. These multi tools are not very good , fit is terrible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom