All caps.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Sometimes when I put something it all caps - like LOL, for example, it will automatically be switched to Lol, which just isn't the same, so I end up editing to to read L O L, which is better, but still not good. Sometimes it doesn't happen. I don't understand it, but I know it should never happen.

Unfortunately some people are uncertain how to use the Caps Lock key and leave capitals on all the time (or perhaps they're just always angry?). In any case the forum has a set of business rules to adjust for this mistake and will force text to lowercase in different situations.

Tech Admin:
Unfortunately some people are uncertain how to use the Caps Lock key and leave capitals on all the time (or perhaps they're just always angry?). In any case the forum has a set of business rules to adjust for this mistake and will force text to lowercase in different situations.
Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you...!

I hate it when people type in all caps, but also hate to ask them not to. :blush:

whereas ALL CAPS IN THE MIDDLE of lower caps are ok

AND ALL CAPS AFTER SOME LOWER CAPS WILL BE OK TOO

H2Andy:
whereas ALL CAPS IN THE MIDDLE of lower caps are ok

AND ALL CAPS AFTER SOME LOWER CAPS WILL BE OK TOO
Then Walter should be okay with LOL as long as he doesn't start with it...?
confused-smiley-003.gif

I don't think he'd want to use :lol2:

LOL

testing

LOL

well... looks like it works either way

H2Andy:
LOL

testing

LOL

well... looks like it works either way
Oh, could it vary on different forums, or do you think Ted made an exclusion...?

Tech Admin:

Perhaps a setting that it doesn't activate if the post in 15 characters or less? My two tests above were butchered.

Back
Top Bottom